You're One, Ugly Mother @#$!%&... First Pred WIP *Update Oct 4/10*

TokyoRose

Hello Lair,

This is my first attempt at sculpting a Pred, and only my second real attempt at sculpting period (The first is still in progress)

Anyway, I'm thinking it will probably end up as a bust because I didn't start out using a proper head cast, but instead a "Mr. Brad" hair styling mannequin which is smaller and not proportionate to a human head. So I don't think it will work out as a mask this time around.

Anyway, this is what I've got so far. Not really basing it on any Predator Character in particular. Just playing as I go and seeing what I come up with.
(The teeth are just placed in as reference, they are not the ones that will go on the final sculpt)
img3250j.jpg.png

img3251ix.jpg

img3252f.jpg

img3255z.jpg

img3256h.jpg

I have to play around with the mouth a lot; add the ridges on the outside, and add some musculature to the inside of the jaws. And I plan to still do a lot more texturizing on the crest, but this is where it sits so far.

You guys are an amazingly talented bunch and know your stuff, so I'm honored (yet terrified) to join in.

Thanks for looking,
C&C Welcome

Thats a bummer about it not being a mask...that thing would be SICK. I like how as oneuglymf said, it looks seriously pissed off.

Wow man that's realy cool and I hope you don't mind me saying it looks kind of cartoony which looks realy awesome I love it

Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys. Your feedback means a lot.

And I'm hoping for him to come across pretty snarly and aggressive looking in the end, so I'm happy that it's reading that way so far.

Lazrith, I haven't decided for sure, so I will see how it goes. As I bulk it up more, it could possibly work as a mask. I just have a big ass head so I thought maybe a bust would be a better choice. But we'll see.

PANIK33, I don't mind at all, I see the cartoonish look in it as well. It wasn't what I was aiming for, but I definitely see it. I'm not sure if it will end up looking more "realistic" as I go on or not, I guess we'll find out.

Thanks again everyone.

And I'm hoping for him to come across pretty snarly and aggressive looking in the end, so I'm happy that it's reading that way so far.

You've definitely succeeded, this is pure awesome!

And perhaps it being small isn't too much of a bad thing if you wanted to sell it other people. I think for my next pred I'd like to get a smaller head, as being a girl, not too tall and fairly small, I'm worried that my Pred mask isn't going to look normal too big on me (I know they should look a little oversized as that's what Preds look like) but rather very oversized Bobble head too big. Would be nice to have something smaller out there to suit girls and guys who aren't tall enough to pull off the normal sized masks. Just a thought anyways.

I like its makes me think if mr black took a female classic predator and made a pred baby this is what you would get. One thing i didnt like about mr black head was he really didnt have that classic crown on back of his head however this sculpt does have a crown which to me is awesome

I like its makes me think if mr black took a female classic predator and made a pred baby this is what you would get. One thing i didnt like about mr black head was he really didnt have that classic crown on back of his head however this sculpt does have a crown which to me is awesome

Now, this IS my own selfishness coming out here: I'd love to see you continue this into what YOU think Falconer looks like under his bio. Obviously, this is your sculpt and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with for detailing!

Thanks a lot for all the kind words everyone. You are making this a VERY pleasant experience :)

Pastry, I took what you said to heart and I think I am going to try and go the mask route. I just imagined what it would be like seeing someone with their whole suit wearing my mask and I got super stoked. I'm going to measure up my girlfriends head tonight and make sure that it will be the right proportions though.

And Pinhead, I'll keep that in mind as I go forward. I would never have the balls to make a claim like that, but I really liked the idea of the Falcon Pred, so I'll try to use that as inspiration.

Not a whole lot to update on right now, I've just spent some time bulking up the back form of the head, added a little bit to the crown, and started to define the Jaw/lower mandible to try and keep it anatomically correct.

I'm going to spend some a lot of time experimenting with different textures. I know this is my first, but I really want it to POP when it's finished.
picture001ir.jpg.png

picture002vv.jpg

picture004br.jpg.png

picture003wm.jpg.png

Sorry, pretty weak as far as updates go. But more to come soon, I promise!
Oh, and someone in another forum said that the first thing that came to mind when he looked at it, was "Spider Pred", so I think that has unofficially become his name. What do ya think?

Again, thanks for looking and for the kind words. And as always C&C is Welcome.

Oh, and someone in another forum said that the first thing that came to mind when he looked at it, was "Spider Pred", so I think that has unofficially become his name. What do ya think?

Personally, I think that's an awesome idea! From day 1, Mr. Black's head pattern reminded me of a Black Widow's markings. Almost as if your were seeing a Widow from the front and the mandibles, especially with their extended length, look like the front legs of the spider, with the teeth being the head (Maybe I just had toooo good of a time in college...). At any rate, go with where the sculpture leads you. Can't wait to see more updates!

Thanks a lot for all the kind words everyone. You are making this a VERY pleasant experience

Pastry, I took what you said to heart and I think I am going to try and go the mask route. I just imagined what it would be like seeing someone with their whole suit wearing my mask and I got super stoked. I'm going to measure up my girlfriends head tonight and make sure that it will be the right proportions though.
me.

It's awesome, definitely looking good. And yay, if you end up selling them, count me in for an order!

And I love the Spider Pred name.

Wow, thanks a lot Pastry. I'll have to give you an extra special first time ever customer discount

I'll do my best to make it a kick ass mask.

No update pics just yet, but I'm going to spend a lot of time hammering the mouth out. I want to make it look fierce, without setting myself up for too much undercut induced heart break :D I'm sculpting some new/more teeth and I really like the shape it's taking. I played around with some quills too just to get an idea and they look pretty sweet if I do say so myself. I'm jumping the gun a bit, but it's more fun that way. I wish I had more time to devote to this! Damn you real world full-time job!!

Anyway, Thanks again :D

Wow, thanks a lot Pastry. I'll have to give you an extra special first time ever customer discount

I'll do my best to make it a kick ass mask.

No update pics just yet, but I'm going to spend a lot of time hammering the mouth out. I want to make it look fierce, without setting myself up for too much undercut induced heart break :D I'm sculpting some new/more teeth and I really like the shape it's taking. I played around with some quills too just to get an idea and they look pretty sweet if I do say so myself. I'm jumping the gun a bit, but it's more fun that way. I wish I had more time to devote to this! Damn you real world full-time job!!

Anyway, Thanks again :D

Silly full time jobs getting in the way of life.

And awwwwwww yay ^_^ I won't hold you to it though, lots of time and effort going into this and so a fair price is a fair price ^_^

Thats a realy ballsy design for your first pred....hats off to you man...spider pred sounds quite fitting too....love the shape of the crown....any more updates on this yet?

Hey guys,

I went on a bit of a family vacation (Which involved my Great Dane sliding down the side of a hill through cow poop... awesome) so I haven't had much time to dedicate this last week. But as soon as I got back, I sat down and started hammering some things out and experimenting with a bit of texture. Threw some dread holes in there as well.

A couple of notes, I have been experimenting with the right side more than the left (Our right, his left), so things aren't very even at this point. The teeth in the bottom of the mouth are way to big/thick and I will be swapping them out with different ones tonight. And lastly, this is just some really rough experimenting, so things are still pretty roughed in.A lot more smoothing and detailing to do.

001ng.jpg

002jpf.jpg

003yq.jpg

004zi.jpg

005tul.jpg

006xuc.jpg.png

007f.jpg

008lv.jpg

Hopefully I can get things evened out and cleaned up and take some better pictures tonight.
Please let me know what you guys think. it's all still very experimental so I would love to hear any thoughts you could share.

As always,
Thanks for looking and C&C welcome.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back