Your Workspace...what's it look like?

mikala1

Hey there
I was just curious as to what other peoples workspace looked like.
Chaos,ordered chaos, or neat and tidy? Do you surround yourself with inspiration or just reference?
Here is my area. Still under construction after just moving into a new place.
Sadly it probably won't change chaos wise......
I do mostly computer/3D graphics so not much in the way of sculpting tools lying about.
That will slowly change as I find space.
Hopefully a few of you will join in here.

NewofficeUCcoffeelarge.JPG

My work space is any area of the apartment I can use at that given time. Pretty much every room at different times.

OK, I've been inside the workshops/houses of three different full-time costume makers in my life. Two look like the bomb went off (as mentioned earlier) and one is so immaculate they make everyone take their shoes off when you come in the door.

See I pretty much promised I'd stay in one room once we moved or I'd be all over the place too.
Once I have the doors of the closet and set up some shelving I'll put my ref library in there. Along with a few more collectibles I have not been able to take out of the boxes yet.

I have a spare bedroom that is otherwise known as Claustrophobia City.... half is boxes of stuff and half is completed costumes and whatever is in progress...

was working on Klingon costume here
IMG_0886.jpg

AVP bio here
IMG_1190.jpg

for smelly/messy stuff like painting, gluing or foaming I have a 5' table outside in the side yard for daylight hours...

Foaming backpack here
IMG_1045.jpg

at night I am relegated to the garage, specifically the top of the washing machine, gluing or foaming only, no spraypainting

its just drying, honest!
IMG_1043.jpg

---
Ei'luj

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Nice Working Area XRay

This is my Place...
DSCN0754.jpg
DSCN0753.jpg

and one is always waiting for me :lol:
DSCN0749.jpg

But now all is cleaned up ( have to take new pictures )

DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

I live in the BRONX NY... unless u oun a house or rent one most of us live in apt buildings . so i got 2 rooms for my kids and one for me and wifey...so i work here and there but have to clean and pick up everything after. xdmray i love your workspace , it looks very comfortable to work there anu u got it very organized :lol:

Mines an absolute mess as well. I spent nearly a week cleaning out one of our sheds, removing all the crap and moving in some shelves and things and my costuming stuff. I had it all to myself for about 2 days then my mum decided to start moving some of her stuff in.
So here's the pred shed as it is now
DSC01222.jpg.gif

All the stuff against the back wall is mums
DSC01224.jpg.gif

DSC01203.jpg.gif

*Ra-Ra* (has signed up for an account here but I don't tink she has activated it yet) sculpting some feet
Not the greatest but it's better than the kitchen

DSC01222.jpg.gif

DSC01224.jpg.gif

DSC01203.jpg.gif

Note to self..A bird cage is needed in my workspace!
Am I wrong or is the sculptor sculpting over tall zip up boots?
Great idea for a personalized costume. Guaranteed fit!

Note to self..A bird cage is needed in my workspace!
Am I wrong or is the sculptor sculpting over tall zip up boots?
Great idea for a personalized costume. Guaranteed fit!

Haha thats one of the cages I use for transporting birds when I buy or sell them or for quarantine, hanging it on the wall just saved space and the artists dummy is in there because it wouldn't fit on the shelf. I do like the way it look though :)
Yeah she's scupting over the boots that I'm going to be wearing with my suit, there are 5" lifts on them so doing it this way I know they'll fit over them without looking funny and using the long boots makes them more stable and easier to walk in with the lifts

This is my working space. Not very big but has a good view when I get pissed off model making. Shame the weather is usually *****.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Workshop--_08-24-2009_4435-Preda-1.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Workshop--_08-24-2009_4435-Preda-1.jpg

while I was living in my parents' neighborhood, I was working in their basement. They were pretty cool with it, only the occasional bitching about the fumes (whole building basement was reeking to high heaven...). Lucky that none of the other tenants complained, though. Try getting the smell of a week's working on liquid resin out of a basement room with two small windows.... the caulking silicone wasn't bad either. As was the construction foam...

Oh boy. ;-)

Can't do that anymore, don't have the space currently to work on anything.

crawjaw, that's *quite* the view you got there... congrats

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back