Your thoughts on hybrids

swift kinfe

I was reading some old posts and found an article about a dude really bashing the pred alien.Now I couldn't careless for the tard alien(NEw born).But it does piss me off that no one reads what the directors have stated on the creatures.

1.The whole why did it kill the pregnant lady thing was ******* stupid to be pissed at.Why did it kill here well in the book(ADI one I belive)they said that it was a ghoulish version of a moma bird feeding young.So it was clearly a ******* side effect from scars DNA!

2.The ugly ******* dosent have a ******* bio!She can't tell what shes killing like if it's wrong or not she dont now!

3.The skined predators were DELETED! from the movie because it looked stupid.Why bitch about something that was taken out anyways.It was a dumb idea they took it out end of story!

4.Dreads by good we had to bitch about this?!Even if we didn't have them oh well!They had to be bony as overall it was still an alien(20% predator).Why do people hate what makes sense.

5.Coloration was predator blended becasue it's part predator!!!!It cant be black because it wouldn't have made sense

Anyways thats my thoughts on the stupid **** we think if nesacary to bitch about with the pred alien.

Personally I think its a good blend of both species and the logic they go by makes sense.
Mostly Alien with a dash of Predator-ness

I personally liked it to. Just a shame the vast majoirty of the movie sucks. But it was good to see another creature design. I would love to see what Stan could of came up with though ;)

I dont know what I feel about the whole alien adopting DNA from its host and its appearence changing etc. Sometimes I think its a cool idea that would ensure it can adapt to its surroundings and sometimes I feel like the alien is already "perfection" and wouldnt need further evolution. But on the topic of the Predalien, I generally think it is a cool creature generally.

I didn't mind chet. And i don't think the Predalien has to be seen as an evolutionary step in either direction. Who's to say the Pred dna isn't strong enough to affect the development of an embryo that would otherwise develop normally...
Then there's the dog/ox alien to consider...

I was reading some old posts and found an article about a dude really bashing the pred alien.Now I couldn't careless for the tard alien(NEw born).But it does piss me off that no one reads what the directors have stated on the creatures.

1.The whole why did it kill the pregnant lady thing was ******* stupid to be pissed at.Why did it kill here well in the book(ADI one I belive)they said that it was a ghoulish version of a moma bird feeding young.So it was clearly a ******* side effect from scars DNA!

2.The ugly ******* dosent have a ******* bio!She can't tell what shes killing like if it's wrong or not she dont now!

3.The skined predators were DELETED! from the movie because it looked stupid.Why bitch about something that was taken out anyways.It was a dumb idea they took it out end of story!

4.Dreads by good we had to bitch about this?!Even if we didn't have them oh well!They had to be bony as overall it was still an alien(20% predator).Why do people hate what makes sense.

5.Coloration was predator blended becasue it's part predator!!!!It cant be black because it wouldn't have made sense

Anyways thats my thoughts on the stupid **** we think if nesacary to bitch about with the pred alien.

It's called differences in opinions. Learn to live with it. Killing pregnant mother didn't make sense at ALL, especially since somehow Chet gave the preggo a facial... to have it somehow erupt from the freaking WOMB. How does that make sense? It was an interesting concept, but not one that made sense. Who complained that predalien didn't have a bio? Why would a predalien have a bio? The skinned predator was deleted, yes, but even the fact that it even went into production is a big doozy. Plus WTF was this **** about the predalien ripping the cook's spine? WTF is that? The dreds were too big, imo, but it wasn't distracting. It helped with the differentiation of the aliens and the predalien. Coloration, again, doesn't make sense. It looks cool, but think about it. When aliens popped out out PEOPLE, were the freaking brown or white or black? If an alien popped out of a white guy would the alien be white? NO, because it DOESN'T happen. So why should that apply now?
on a side note, how can a predalien give birth to regular aliens?

That being said, overall i liked the biomechanical design of the predalien.

... Plus WTF was this **** about the predalien ripping the cook's spine? WTF is that?
...on a side note, how can a predalien give birth to regular aliens? ...

The directors wanted Chet to still have some "predator habits" in her, thats why she ripped the spine of the chef (because predators seems to do that alot). ;)
She also skinned the predators because of that, but the directors took that away because... when the hell was she supposed to learn to skinn people? I dont think the predators wakes up in the morning and thinks: Hey, I feel like skinning someone, and hang him up side down from the roof... that would look great in my livingroom! They probably get to learn that somewhere.
So they took that away because it just did not make any sense... the whole movie did not make alot of sense, but thats another story.

I think she also gives birth to "regular" aliens, because the eggs might me the same as the alien queen/facehuggers has, or at least have a very close similarity to them. And she seems - in my opinion - a bit more Alien then Predator, allowing the eggs to create regular aliens, before predaliens.

The overall design of the predalien is good, I have no bigger issues of it.
Just my 2 cents.

I like the fact that they took the skinned Preds out because that wouldn't be an instinct, but a learned trait. Unless Scar's memories were inherited too, Chet wouldn't have done that or ripped the guy's spine out at the diner. Those are learned traits, not instincts. I think Chet was okay, but shouldn't have been a queen. He should've been a megadrone, plain and simple. They could've skipped all the egg-laying, pregnant women and babies in the nursery crap and given us more Wolf against alien or Predalien action. The Predalien in the comic Duel had dreads. That would indicate that they are part of the Pred's physiology, and not added on like I've seen people theorize. They GROW as a natural part of the Pred. All-in-all, Chet should've been designed better. His hands and feet didn't seem right to me. I would've liked at least two good battles between a Chet megadrone and Wolf.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back