Your Indiana Jones Displays - Lets see 'em

Jintosh - So did you put dirt on the idol and then spritz with water or did you make some dirty water and then spritz it with it?

Ah. It's in the technique. I actually searched my bathroom quickly and found a spray bottle with "Febreze Air - with GAIN".

I set my idol outside and sprayed a heavy coat of Febreze on the surface, and then while it was still wet, I threw the dirt on it. The dirt stuck to the wet Febreze. I noticed that more stuck than I wanted, so I got an air duster can (canned air) and sprayed off the larger clumps of dirt, which left a thin layer of dirt, as if it had accumulated over time. The dirt is especially visible in the bright light, and at that angle of camera shot. It is actually not as visible under normal conditions. It looks muted, but not decades worth of dirty, accept under those exact conditions. The lighting and angle and close up shot, all combine to get that particular look. They thought that all out in advance, and I simply tried to duplicate what they did.

In case anyone else missed the first run....not fedora famous but been wanting this hat. 17 spots left.

In case anyone else missed the first run....not fedora famous but been wanting this hat. 17 spots left.

Looks like it’s a dead link now

just got o the run thx for the link!

I was thinking of making my own Fertility Idol pedestal. I remember back in the day, we used to use a pink craft foam as a base and add resin or clay to start sculpting details. I thought it was a 3M product, but the closest thing I can find is this Owens Corning foam insulation board. Has anyone used it before? I think it is the right product, but my memory is foggy.

I was thinking of making my own Fertility Idol pedestal. I remember back in the day, we used to use a pink craft foam as a base and add resin or clay to start sculpting details. I thought it was a 3M product, but the closest thing I can find is this Owens Corning foam insulation board. Has anyone used it before? I think it is the right product, but my memory is foggy.
You are better to get this type of sculpting foam. It is like carving wood, just a lot easier. Then cost it with a gesso or bondo for texture before paint.

Sculpture Block - Sculpture Canvas - Polyurethane Foam Board - 12 x 12 x 1 inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H656NR3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_N29BDEX897C1RZF7TMR9?psc=1

Okay thanks for the head's up, I'll try and see if any local shops have that.
Check out FoamShop online. Looks like they have larger solid blocks but are currently out of stock. It would make more sense to me to start with a larger block instead of stacking them.

Got tired of all my stuff in boxes, so I went ahead and put everything I could find in the cabinet. This is all reasonably preliminary.
PXL_20220110_000636964~3_resize_52.jpg

Here is my shrine to Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Indian Jones Movies. Yes I know there are some things on the shelves that were not from the movies, but I tried to add treasures that I believe caught the spirit of the character. I think they may have been items Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. may have collected during his travels. "Trust Me"
20220226_224625.jpg
20220226_224639.jpg
20220226_224810.jpg
20220226_224928.jpg
20220226_224950.jpg
20220226_225016.jpg
20220226_225023.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back