Your favorite version of the Punisher

ArmoredPunisher

Hey guys I've been trying to figure out which version of the Punisher I want to put an outfit together from and I'm just curious of which ones other people like seeing the most. I myself am partial to the Thomas Jane look because I I really like the movie and the design of the skull is the best one I've seen. But at the same time I can see the appeal of the classic black and white look. I'm putting together a Captain America/Punisher outfit from Ultimate avengers 2 for Megacon this year with some slight changes so I'm hoping it will come out alright. I've got a few pictures of the body armor I put together last year but I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I've made the teeth longer since then but I'm still not sure. I'm planning to spray paint the skull onto an under armor shirt at some point but I don't know what type of paint to use, maybe krylon fusion? I'm also planning to paint a pair of Gotham 100 boots white so I don't have to buy another pair. So what versions do you guys like?

Coat_and_Armor_close_up_by_EXSoldierVash.jpg

I'll chime in here, I'm also partial to the Thomas Jane look (mostly because I adored the film so much). I will say they did a fine job with the look of the Warzone fella, but not my cup of tea. I would say my order of favorites goes Thomas Jane Armored Vest Punisher, Classic War Journal Punisher, Warzone Armored Punisher.

Also, might be dating my taste in movies slightly, but how about Dolph's Punisher? No skull, but I thought the outfit was actually pretty neat looking (easily put together too, boots probably the hardest thing to pull off).

Both the Tom Jane and Warzone outfits are variations on a similar theme from the MAX Punisher series. It would be interesting to see a take on the classic look with a more giritty look like this:
Civilwar5.jpg

The problem with those is you need a damn 5 o'clock shadow 24/7 and gotta be bulky to enough to give the chest logo some substance, IMO, but either way Punisher gets me pumped!

In the classic comics doesn't his belt buckle form part of the teeth to his skull on his chest.

I prefer the Thomas Jane movie look. I could barely make it through War Zone. I also think the skull is too small on the WZ version.

War zone comic or movie? The skull emblem from the War Zone comic, which I posted, is huge. The problem with the movies is they can't seem to get the right person. Jane has been the best movie Punisher but the directing and story line of the movie sucked.

Last edited:
Yep. In some versions the teeth held magazines.

In the classic comics doesn't his belt buckle form part of the teeth to his skull on his chest.

I prefer the Thomas Jane movie look. I could barely make it through War Zone. I also think the skull is too small on the WZ version.

This is my favorite.
punisher_larosa_color.jpg

I like this to. The JR JR run was a good fit for the character and his personality.

I think Thomas Jane did a good job in the movie and is very good actor :thumbsup, but it was hard to get over the fake black hair.
Frank Castle (Castiglione) is from Queens and Italian descent which is perfect regarding the street level vigilante take. It also works with involvement with higher powered characters because it lends an everyman feel to his character and how he uses his resources and knowledge to combat a more powerful opponent.
While I like Jane's Castle, I'd prefer more towards authenticity on this one. I say stick to the origin and find an actor that looks and acts the part and do it right.
BTW, Jane was fanatistic in 61 as Mickey Mantle :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back