Your favorite dumb movie?

Attachments

• pribcessBride.gif
    pribcessBride.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Do you mean movies that are meant to be dumb or the ones that just ended up that way unintentionally?

Honestly I should have worded it differently. Maybe your favorite silliest movie. Not something that turned out bad and so bad you like it, but maybe just a fun, silly movie.

Like Joe Versus the Volcanoes. A great, fun silly movie that was never meant to be anything else.

Get Crazy with Malcolm McDowell. I wish I could find this on dvd or streaming somewhere. All I have is a homemade burned disc I transferred from a vhs tape.
Greatest New Years comedy of all time. Even though my copy is not great I watch it every Dec31st.

For me it's a movie that most people have never even heard of: Surfer, Dude (2008) starring Matthew McConaughey, Alexie Gilmore, and Woody Harrelson. McConaughey plays Steve Addington, the ultimate stereotype of a surfer whose endorsement contract has been sold off to a businessman who only wants Addington's name for a new video game he's producing. Addington only wants to surf, but while his future is in potential jeopardy the ocean goes mysteriously calm. Yep, it's just that dumb and contrived, but...I can't explain it, something about this goofy movie just relaxes the hell out of me and puts me in a better mood every time I watch it. *shrug*

I'm not going to count comedies which are intentionally supposed to be ridiculous, but I will say that The Cable Guy is still my favorite Jim Carrey movie.

I will happily admit my endless love for Mean Guns with Christopher Lambert, Ice T and the late Michael Halsey. It's a complete video game movie, meaning it would actually work as a video game moreso than a movie. One of those straight to the bargain bin 90's budget action movies a friend of mine convinced me to watch with him back when every night was movie night in the 90's.

I still think the premise would work for a high budget remake as well, or even a competitive Battle Royale multiplayer video game. And I love the soundtrack to the movie so much I ripped it off youtube.

My Dad and Sister's favorite silly movie is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. They just love it.
I saw it about 40 years ago and could not believe some of the things they did like using footage of an actual helicopter crash that happened while making the movie. They did have a lot of jokes that would not be PC today like the "little nip in the air" one. It was so stupid it was actually funny.

I'm not going to count comedies which are intentionally supposed to be ridiculous, but I will say that The Cable Guy is still my favorite Jim Carrey movie.

I will happily admit my endless love for Mean Guns with Christopher Lambert, Ice T and the late Michael Halsey. It's a complete video game movie, meaning it would actually work as a video game moreso than a movie. One of those straight to the bargain bin 90's budget action movies a friend of mine convinced me to watch with him back when every night was movie night in the 90's.

I still think the premise would work for a high budget remake as well, or even a competitive Battle Royale multiplayer video game. And I love the soundtrack to the movie so much I ripped it off youtube.

Saw Mean Guns this week on sky. Recorded it on vhs back in the 90s. Mostly because it’s description read like a battle Royale and Christopher Lambert played the lead and come on, he was the highlander.

And I agree that the premise would work with a big budget and I :)

My pick is Conair. The script is dumb, but great cast.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back