Your favorite dumb movie?

Luv4Filmz

Suburban commando baby!
Suburban Commando, hilarious.
Screenshot_2022-05-02-13-22-31-835~2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-02-13-23-48-041~2.jpg

Luv4Filmz

"Time Bandits", a masterpiece from Monty Python's Terry Gilliam, so silly and hilarious, dwarves who work for the "Supreme Being" are now thieves travelling through time, stealing whatever they can and meeting historical characters like Napoleon and Robin Hood along the way.
Screenshot_2022-05-02-19-23-49-664~2.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-02-19-24-37-447~2.jpg

Last edited:

ID10T

Sr Member
I worked in a video store once I was 16 and saw a lot of the movies listed here, but, there are a few I haven't seen yet...

CT1138

Sr Member
Roland Emmerich's Godzilla is definitely one of them. The movie is dumb monster mash fun, and I love it.

The Van Helsing movie with Hugh Jackman was also really dumb, but I found it to be really enjoyable. Plus, it has some of my favorite monster redesigns.

Cephus

Sr Member
I would NOT consider Time Bandits as a "dumb" movie.
That's why I asked earlier if it was movies that were intended to be as they were, or movies that were intended to be serious and turned out dumb. Time Bandits is exactly what Terry Gilliam intended it to be. That doesn't make it dumb, it makes it a comedy as intended.

Luv4Filmz

That's why I asked earlier if it was movies that were intended to be as they were, or movies that were intended to be serious and turned out dumb. Time Bandits is exactly what Terry Gilliam intended it to be. That doesn't make it dumb, it makes it a comedy as intended.
Time Bandits is not "dumb", I think Terry Gilliam is a genius, as are Monty Python, it's how this thread sounds with "Favourite Dumb Movies", it depends on context, I grew up with this movie, and I recently watched it on DVD. It's "silly" as it was intended, just like Monty Python, so this threads "title" may have been taken out of context.

bwayne64

Sr Member
Found one that's definitely not my favorite. Johnny be good. Had so many good actors. But the writing and acting, yuck ! Uma Thurman at 17 or 18, beautiful, but didn't have her acting chops yet. Robert Downey Jr. and Anthony Michael Hall are in it too. Guess this should be on another thread. But didn't want anyone to waste a couple hours on this mess. ; )

squirrelstailor

Hudson Hawk, Bio-Dome, and Mom and Dad Save the World
Mine would be Hudson Hawk. I love that film and no one else gets it.

Has to be the Street Fighter movie. Had a hell of a crush on Kylie Minogue in that film as a kid!

Ming-Na Wen as Chun-Li as well.
That is the cut off for me on Jean-Claude Van Damme films before that mostly ok after that not so much.

The Goon

Mine would be Hudson Hawk. I love that film and no one else gets it...
The thing I like most about Hudson Hawk is that it looked like none of the people involved in making it seemed to take it too seriously beyond doing their jobs well. Sadly, Sony and TriStar Pictures lost a LOT of money on it, and with Bruce Willis' health issues I think at this point it's safe to say we'll never see a sequel. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.