Your favorite cameo appearence or easter egg in film?

ChaseKiefer

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everybody,

After the popularity of the favorite movie mistakes I came up with favorite cameos and easter eggs.

My personal favorite cameos:

1. George Lucas, his kids, and Jeremy Bulloch in Revenge of the Sith.

2. Frank Marshal, and Dennis Mureen in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

My personal favorite easter eggs:

1. R2 and 3P0 in Raiders of the Lost Ark

2. Just about everything in Pixar films.

One that always got me excited was seeing apartment no. 1138 in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I felt really special when I noticed that in the theater.

It was always fun to see Alfred Hitchcock walk by in one of his movies. I think he sort of pioneered the whole cameo thing, actually...or at least, caused it to gain popularity.

Not sure if videogames count, but finding Max the Rabbit in Jedi Knight was definitely a high point for me. He's in several other LA games, too...Shadows of the Empire comes to mind.

I feel like "cameos" are being taken a little bit too far with Hollywood though, truth be told. Honestly it seemed to me like a LOT of folks were going to see Tron Legacy just because of Daft Punk's "cameo" (if you could even call it that).
If it's terribly obvious and stands out a bunch (or in Tron's case, used as an advertising strategy), it just gets stupid. That's why I think, in a lot of ways, the droids in the Well of Souls in Raiders was one of the best appearances. Because it was unnoticeable.
Pixar has sort of pushed that limit too in some of their more recent films.
I think cameos are the most fun, and the most effective, when they are subtle and you actually have to look for them. For instance, you mentioned Frank Marshall in ROTLA, and I've never noticed that in 20 years of watching that movie. Now I'm going to go look for it!

Bill Murray in "Zombieland" It was so off the wall it was perfect.

I liked this one too, in contradiction to my last post. The reason I thought this feature of that movie was so hysterical was because the producers apparently resisted the temptation to market it. Prior to the movie's release nobody knew that Bill was going to be in it at all, and it caught everyone so off guard that it worked. I was just speechless because it was so unexpected.

It's not really a cameo or an Easter egg, but it is the weirdest hidden track I've ever found on a CD. If you take blind melon's 'soup' CD and start it playing, you can scan it backwards through a track that you would otherwise never hear. Not on repeat. Not on shuffle. I've never found another disc with that kind of hidden track.

"T-1000" etched into the Decepticon's arm on ROTF, the robot who gets his head shot off by the military n he tries reachin for his head.

Captain America's shield on Iron Man 2

E.T. in the Star Wars prequels

Yea i'm not sure if Daft Punk's appearance Tron Legacy would be a cameo , cuz u hear them (or their work) throughout the entire film. But as an appearance, it was cool.

Oh and Tom Hanks' voice as Bumblebee throughout the entire trilogy. Its not him voicing but Bee uses his clips a LOT haha

What was up with Schwarzenegger's cameo in The Rundown? Never really understood that.

At the time the Rock was supposed to carry the action movie torch and Arnold was passing it to him hence forth the "have fun" line. I berlieve there were other takes with different lines such as "good luck" and another with them slowing to look at each other for a brief moment.

Ep. 1 when they chant "vote now! Vote now!" in the lower left corner there is like 3 or 4 of em. I think there was one other appearance in another episode

tumblr_le5f3qdq061qd8bpfo1_500.jpg

ET actually goes back farther than the Prequels. In ROTJ there is a group of them present at the Rebel briefing room before the battle of Endor. You can see them as Mon Mothma is talking. I think they are sitting up and behind Han and the others.

ET actually goes back farther than the Prequels. In ROTJ there is a group of them present at the Rebel briefing room before the battle of Endor. You can see them as Mon Mothma is talking. I think they are sitting up and behind Han and the others.

Really? Never noticed that. Why would they cameo them twice in the same film?

et-and-jabba-copy1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back