Your Favorite Alien

Half Knife

Ok, I'm not an alien fan, but I've heard some of you say that you liked the alien warriors in "Aliens" better than in the other movies. I would like to know which aliens everyone prefers and why, and most importantly, what is the scale of aliens to Predators. I'm planning to use a 14 inch Pred and need to know the proper size for his alien opponent. Also, does this size alien exist from the "Aliens" movie in kit or figure, etc. and if so, where could I get one? You can buy the AVP Grid Alien on ebay on a regular basis, but I'd like to find the other. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They're pretty much the same height, so as long as they are approximately the same height you should be fine.

My favorite would have to be the xenomorph's from "aliens". The pitch black watery look with chrome teeth and lots and drool compared to the first and fourth movie makes it that extra bit more terrifying.

I like the AVPR Aliens in terms of design and sculpting. Its the most Aesthetically thought out, especially with the head ridges and neck.

Mine is also the Alien form Aliens, although I'd have to say it is a tie with the original.
The only real difference being the dome- (or lack of), the neck, the hands and the feet.

Next would be Alien 3, but the movie destoyred the franchise with the death of everyone that meant anything.

Moving into Ressurection and AVP, the aliens became more insect like by directive of Fox.

But I loved the new head in AVP-R, even though the bodies were the same as Ressurection and AVP.

I've wondered why all the aliens look different to some degree since with the exception of the dog-alien and the predalien, they all had human hosts. Guess it's another case of "artistic license" so everybody would have their own personal version.

ALIENS design for me! Makes them seem somehow more durable and aggresive. Also, I love how it lets them blend in to their hive material.The part where one unfolds out of the wall behind that one female marine is one of my favorite scenes.

Okay, next question. Exactly how are the original alien and those from "Aliens" different? I know that the original has joined fingers or something, and the cranium, hands and feet were mentioned. Are there any good photos of the hive aliens like behind-the-scenes or something, and if so, where do I look? It's usually hard to tell from movie stills, and I haven't seen a model of one of the hive aliens. That's what I'd really like to get my hands on, a 12 inch model or figure of a hive alien from "Aliens". Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a Predator fan!

Wow, am I the only guy who liked the Aliens from Resurrection the best? I just liked them. The extra joint in the hindlegs, the shoulders were bigger, the tails had a more interesting shape overall, the exhaust pipes were "grander" and more pronounced, they had a more sinister overall look to them. I also liked the palette they were colored with, with warmer colors like browns and things like that. And that they were bigger than the Dog Alien. I just liked it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back