Young Ocelot Cosplay

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by IndridColdx, Aug 26, 2015.

1. IndridColdx

IndridColdx Active Member

Hi there, I am planning on doing a Young Ocelot cosplay with no real time limit, I plan on using it for cons next year.

I'm sort of at a standstill now, I don't want to progress making it without this crucial element: The Vest.
    The vest is so hard to find and even confirming it with several soviet military surplus places, it's a hard get and since I don't know how to sew, it limits my options greatly.

Ocelot.jpg
    The jacket, with the help of someone else, seems to be a modified form of the Soviet Naval Officer's Everyday Summer uniform, which looks like this

unnamed.jpg
    Everywhere I seem to go they either do not have it or have some really really cheapo quality version of it.
    Does anyone know of a place I can find one? Or at least somewhere I can maybe get it custom made? I'm pretty tall and slightly athletic (6'3" 210lbs) so it's hard to find some my size.

Any help is appreciated!

2. IndridColdx

bumping for others to see

3. Wheeljack

Wheeljack Member

10 years ago you could find the whole outfit in one of the army surplus shops on St. Denis. ( I say that because your profile states you are in Montreal) ;)

You want to search 1960's soviet uniforms. Ocelot is supposed to be a GRU officer so start with that and other Spetsnaz units. You can search for soviet, east german, or any cold war era eastern block military. The pants are officer "jodhpurs" style and the belt and harness are pretty standard issue items. The firearm is a Makarov and after that, all you need is a red beret, scarf and gloves.

You can get a lot of good military surplus through the sportsmans guide http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

Another source would be european military surplus sites.

Good Luck with your search!

4. IndridColdx

I plan on going actually! Thanks for the advice, Ill search for GRU/Spetsnaz

5. IndridColdx

So after checking pretty much anywhere online and contacting multiple companies, none are able to make or provide a pattern...Anyone have any luck finding it?