You'll shoot your eye out - My everyday display of A Christmas Story Props

Wow just came across this thread and your awesome collection!

Curious... was there ever a run of the Lifebuoy soap in resin or anything? It'd be great to display around the holidays.

Love the old radio, finding the exact model is impossible...so I settle for my 1940s Zenith...
0T9RgLX.jpg

And after literally 15+ years of looking, I've acquired the most complete Zeppelin I've seen... I've only seen 3 of these come up on tin collector sites over the years and I own 2 of the 3... This one only has a missing propeller blade and some rust on the upper half of the body. Much more complete than my other specimen...

DSC_2389%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2391%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2392%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2394%20(Large).jpg

DSC_2399%20(Large).jpg

How A Christmas Story ended up with such obscure props is beyond me...

God I love this thread. Congrats on your find whoever!

I'm considering getting a leg lamp crate built to display during the holidays. I don't have room for it year round, but it will be a good excuse to get some Christmas themed replicas out for one month out of the year: A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Elf, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy whoever! Tim here from Fla. I have been putting together a similar display. Got my radio working and playing ROA. I also had been hunting for the correct zeppelin for many years. Just acquired one. It seems to me that the movie zeppelin had its front wheel assembly replaced . This seems to be a weak point in these toys.

Let me see if I can figure out how to post some pics.
Tim

Last edited:
20190111_075054.jpg
20190110_180806.jpg
20190111_075959-1.jpg
This is my radio after a refinish it needed very badly. Someone had painted the radio pink?!

My zeppelin under the tree. I also have a steelcraft zeppelin.

And some of the tanks from Higbee's window.

Last edited:
View attachment 976026 View attachment 976022 View attachment 976030 This is my radio after a refinish it needed very badly. Someone had painted the radio pink?!

My zeppelin under the tree. I also have a steelcraft zeppelin.

And some of the tanks from Higbee's window.

Did you recently acquire the zeppelin? I think we may have bid against each other. Mine is missing one of the propeller props.. your's looks complete. AMAZING Display. I love everything you've done.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back