You'll be DEAD!!!

ioncanon

Everyone knows what it is. Just got this tonight. Super fast service by Tom Wampa..

I look around my collection of about 50 masks and it's always bothered me that most are BALD. LOL I love the hair work on this piece..

Paint job and casting are top notch. Great glass eye as well...
qn3607.jpg

qn3776.jpg

qn37ro.jpg

Thanks guys...

I'm so glad you dig it, Dan.

I put a bit of time into the paint on these guys and was pretty happy with the outcome (now if only I could take a decent picture of it. LOL). I also lucked out and found really good colors for the hair.

Firespray- I did the mask as a display bust, with a fixed-in glass eye. It's fairly human-sized, and would probably be a tight fit as a wearable mask even if you did remove the eye and slit the back (though I suppose if someone's got a small enough head, any mask could be made wearable. :lol)

Tom

:eek Wow. That looks GREAT, Dan. Tom really nailed the look of Evazan in every way with that sculpt.

By the way, I agree...More recent latex masks and busts completely lack hair far more often than not. It's rare these days to come across a piece with extremely cool hair work. Tom's Evazan is one of the best examples of it that I've seen in a while.

Ryan

I got mine today too. Couple of points.

This thing is frigging amazing. Fugly. But amazing.

I got it at work and have poked it around a few corners to scare people. Everyone is blown away when I explained it's not a "professional" item (in the sense that it's not a mass produced licensed piece).

The hair, the eye, the sculpt, the paint are all top notch.

Not only is Tom a talented, really cool guy, he's great to deal with. He responds to emails and PMs promptly.

This is a record for me on the RPF. Normally these things take months or years. This felt like a week from the time I expressed an interest to the time it showed up. I wish more guys here were half as fast.

Yeah, so as you can see I'm thrilled with this piece and wanted to give a shout out to Tom for such a great purchasing experience. Thanks Tom.

Cheers.
TJ

Originally posted by jeezycreezy@Mar 3 2006, 10:28 AM

This thing is frigging amazing.  Fugly.  But amazing.

I got it at work and have poked it around a few corners to scare people.  Everyone is blown away when I explained it's not a "professional" item (in the sense that it's not a mass produced licensed piece). 

Not only is Tom a talented, really cool guy, he's great to deal with.  He responds to emails and PMs promptly.

This is a record for me on the RPF.  Normally these things take months or years.  This felt like a week from the time I expressed an interest to the time it showed up.  I wish more guys here were half as fast.

Yeah, so as you can see I'm thrilled with this piece and wanted to give a shout out to Tom for such a great purchasing experience.  Thanks Tom.

Cheers.
TJ
[snapback]1198018[/snapback]​

Got mine as well. This must be a delivery record.. Great job Tom.. :)

thanks again for the kind words. I'm really thrilled that everyone's so happy with theirs :D

Another friend just sent pics of his.... he's very happy as well. He had a buddy add a base with some fabric and a plaque and snapped some pics:

evazan1.jpg

evazan3.jpg

evazan5.jpg

Originally posted by jeezycreezy@Mar 3 2006, 01:28 PM

This thing is frigging amazing.  Fugly.  But amazing.

I got it at work and have poked it around a few corners to scare people.  Everyone is blown away when I explained it's not a "professional" item (in the sense that it's not a mass produced licensed piece). 

Not only is Tom a talented, really cool guy, he's great to deal with.  He responds to emails and PMs promptly.

This is a record for me on the RPF.  Normally these things take months or years.  This felt like a week from the time I expressed an interest to the time it showed up.  I wish more guys here were half as fast.

Yeah, so as you can see I'm thrilled with this piece and wanted to give a shout out to Tom for such a great purchasing experience.  Thanks Tom.

Cheers.
TJ
[snapback]1198018[/snapback]​

so basically jeezy... you arent happy with it?

hmm, yeah i guess i could take it off of your hands. :rolleyes

once again simply stunning tom, you make the ugly beautiful.

:lol

Thanks man.

Hey, I should probably also post a thanks to Mike from http://www.kreationx.com for his help.

Mike is local to me and we almost always do our molding together (goes much smoother with an extra pair of hands.). He also did the casting on the Evazan's, which saved my back a bit of strain and allowed me to focus on the painting, eyes and hair and getting them out in a timely manner.

I'll be sure and let him know how happy you guys are :D

:cheers

Tom

Originally posted by oldken@Mar 3 2006, 10:41 PM
so basically jeezy... you arent happy with it?

Yeah. He's rubbish. You wouldn't like him at all. Oh well. I guess I'm stuck with him. ;-P

I think part of the excitement for me is that, having seen the same darn things shown over and over again here, it's just plain cool to see and own something new and unique that's such a part of Star Wars. I mean, this guy had actual lines. Granted, they were badly dubbed lines. But he was the only real cantina patron with a speaking part nonetheless.

Here's my pathetic attempt to photograph the good doctor using the sort of lighting and the most common angle we seem him from.

roofoo.jpg

Yeah, not great, I know.

Cheers.
TJ

nice shot.

I did that with my copy after I finished it. Sometimes seeing it in context (in a lighting sense) really helps you figure out if the look "gels".

I agree it's really fun to see/build/get things that are a little unusual or off the beaten path. There is such depth to the SW universe.... so many characters to get into.

Just happy that I'm finding the time to work on some of these guys. :)

His buddy walrusman will be coming soon.... I've got another one on the bench already. More on that in the next week or so :D
Tom

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back