"You built a time machine... out of a VESPA!??" LOTS of Pics!!

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been working at a new job now for about a year and a half. It has been a dream come true! We do a lot of seminars and conferences each with it's own theme. With these themes it's my job to make them visually fun and appealing. We did a Hollywood theme a little over a year ago so I'll be posting pics of the props I built for that later. We just wrapped up a Rock Star theme in which I got to build a custom guitar that plays and lights up! (I'd never built a guitar from scratch so that was a blast!) Pics coming of that as well)

Which brings us to this theme... a look at the company's past and future so you KNOW what I wanted to do for this one!... :love

The idea was to take something funny and put it in place of the DeLorean, hence the Vespa! (Plus the CEO had one that he gave me to use!) I had about a week to get this done! I pulled all the bits and bobs I had in my prop junk box and went to town!

First off, it was black so I wanted to replicate that brushed metal look so I used Krylon nickle for the base. I ground up charcoal and a large brush to get the brushed metal look and used a satin clear to seal it. Next came the adding of all the parts and making it look like it worked together. I also sratch built a vent for the back.

For our purposes, the flux capacitor was a different layout than the movie version. (You can see the layout for it in the background of the box pic) It will light up with a chaser pattern similar to the movie. That's been pretty much a full scratch build. The center space will have an object that get's placed there witch will cause it to light up... Sounds odd I know, but it should look cool... I hope! :)

Now... On with the pics!!

More pics to come! Thanks for looking!!
-B89! :D

LOL!, This is very cool, can't wait to see more. You should ask your boss if you could drive it around town when the conference is done. THAT would be fun:)

The flux is looking good, instantly with that and the gills on the back its there isnt it.

You have have have to get the food processor on there some how :D
Looks nice, cant wait to see this lit up in the dark. Oh and maybe the electric cable/hook/aerial for the back would be a simple and effective addition?

HAHAHAA, yes defiantely take it out for a spin. Get some dry ice pouring fog from the back of it, let the sun go
down, set the back tire on fire, hit 88mph (can vespas even go that fast??) and show us guys and gals the photos!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

I thought about a Krups and few other DeLorean-esc pieces but I just didn't have the time to build it nor the space to add it on...

and actually, when it hits 8.8 MPH... :lol

Here's where I'm at right now... The Vespa is about 95% done. I need to add a master switch that will turn the FC on and a digital speedometer. I'll be lighting the Flux Capacitor this weekend as well. It ALL has to be done by Monday!

Wohoo!!

Thanks again for the kind words!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back