Interest Yondu's Mohawk and Arrow - GotG 2 (images added 8/8)

Re: Yondu's Mohawk - GotG 2 (now w/ stand! 5/19)

After watching the first movie I found it more then a bit strange that no one was working on Yondu's arrow as a prop. Though then again there have been several props that I figured would be made that never happened. The Casket of Ancient Winters and The Dark Elves Masks from Thor for instance. So I'm glad to see someone finally making his arrow.

Re: Yondu's Mohawk - GotG 2 (now w/ stand! 5/19)

Any thoughts on price yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very soon. The master is going out for finishing and I'm waiting on GeneralFROSTY to give me a price for his part of the work. I'm also working on some other options for people who might want to add lights to these, but no promises. :)

Re: Yondu's Mohawk and Arrow - GotG 2 (now w/ stand! 5/19)

Just pulled this from the printer and checked it on the mannequin head for scaling. The scaling is right, it's pushed forward on the mannequin's forehead a bit due to the shelf. Now off to @GeneralFROSTY for clean up so we can get this molded!

For the arrow, I've decided to go ahead and start a new model. I've looked over what's out there and don't feel that any of them are quite hitting the target (no pun intended). This won't delay this project, it's still a simple enough design, but I want to make sure it's as close as I can get.

18671684_1543195749025102_6582560264737117349_o.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for offering these as a set with the arrow and a matching stand! Sometimes figuring out how to display stuff can be a challenge in itself.

Defiantly down for one of these.Ive been hoping someone would attempt to make the arrow for a long time!Look forward to this coming to life and would love a finished one.Great idea!

Any updates?

Got back from vacation last week. The initial print was a little too rough to work with so I'm optimizing it to make it easier to finish up. The arrow has been a challenge to engineer to make sure it can be broken down for anyone wanting to add lights, but I am almost done with it as well and will post some progress pictures later. The stand will need a slight redesign for better weight distribution. Being an optimist, I'm going to say I'll be ready to start sending kits mid July.

Updated the top post with the final model of the arrow. Shows the model broken down and how it will look assembled. Just as an FYI, the initial print was very rough and needed to be redone. The new print is going this week. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am shooting for a mid-July run. The stand will be laser cut acrylic and I am hoping to have something to show by the end of next week at the latest,

Just a quick heads up, obviously mid-July is out. :D The arrow is being printed as I type this. The stand requires an overhaul to keep it cost effective due to the size and odd shape of the fin, but it will still be lasered acrylic and likely etched.

Re: Yondu's Mohawk and Arrow - GotG 2 (quick update 7/27)

Added prints of the arrow and fin to the front page and removed the models. Unfortunately, the arrow needs some adjusting to strengthen the over all assembly, but they are minor. I think we're finally on the home stretch. Within the next couple of weeks (allowing for print and shipping time) I should have pricing info posted.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back