Interest Yondu's Mohawk and Arrow - GotG 2 (images added 8/8)

MorbidCharlie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Interest thread for Yondu's fin, arrow and display stand from Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The model is nearly completed (tweaking a little more after a couple of new screen caps), and I am now working on offering a stand to show off the fin and arrow. The stand is a concept at the moment, and may change to compensate the pieces, but the design will be more or less the same.

In addition, GeneralFROSTY (http://www.afxprops.com/) will be doing finishing work on these pieces. The first fin will be going to him next week for finishing and we will have a better idea of pricing once it is done.

Here's what we will be offering:
- Fin (finished or unfinished)
- Fin and arrow (finished or unfinished)
- Fin, arrow and stand (finished or unfinished)

Resin prints of the fin and arrow showing breakdown and assembly.

Complete.jpgComplete-2.jpg

Attachments

• Fin.jpg
    Fin.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Re: Yondu's Mohawk - GotG 2

are you thinking this would be a display piece or as a costume piece?

I apologize for not answering sooner, I'm not getting notifications. That depends on interest, which seems negligible right now. I could feasibly do both. The costume piece would be cast in a urethane foam to have proper flex to line up with different head sizes/shapes.

Stupid mobile made me double post when I was trying to edit the post. Anyways is it possible to have a stand also? Something with a base and just two posts that sit into the underside of the mohawk. I would like to display this in an area with a 13" height maximum.

Last edited:

Stay tuned guys! Tweaking the model for more accuracy and have some things working behind the scenes. Hoping to have at least a 3D print to show next week.

Watching this thread for the progress:) I'm not gonna say I'm in 100% at this point, at least not until I clear out my spare props, but I will say I would be most interested in a urethane version that would be able to fit different heads. If I were to get one, you be dang certain I would wanna be able to wear it:)

Or another idea- make the main fin in resin or 3d print with different bases for different head contours (like a 2- part mohawk) then maybe you would only have to model like 3 or 4 sizes (or preferably more) to the base shape. You could make a base contour size guide that people could print and test fit the various contours before ordering..... but that would be hours more work on your part, so whatever you go with it am still interested, just not committed:)

Watching this thread for the progress:) I'm not gonna say I'm in 100% at this point, at least not until I clear out my spare props, but I will say I would be most interested in a urethane version that would be able to fit different heads. If I were to get one, you be dang certain I would wanna be able to wear it:)

Or another idea- make the main fin in resin or 3d print with different bases for different head contours (like a 2- part mohawk) then maybe you would only have to model like 3 or 4 sizes (or preferably more) to the base shape. You could make a base contour size guide that people could print and test fit the various contours before ordering..... but that would be hours more work on your part, so whatever you go with it am still interested, just not committed:)

Oof... sizing it to different heads would be a task. If there's enough interest, I would cast it in a urethane so that it can be bent, but I can't feasibly try to fit these to different head shapes. :(

Model is done! It's headed off to the printer. Should have a print to show off in a couple of days. I've updated the first post to show the final model.

Fin.jpg

Re: Yondu's Mohawk - GotG 2 (now w/ stand! 5/19)

Updated the first post with info on finishing and the addition of the stand concept.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back