Yoda lightsaber

archybean

Hi all. Long time lurker here finally getting around to building some lightsabers. I've got the Bolsey I started years ago but haven't progressed further than getting the black shroud off.

I'm wondering if anyone has designed replacement wheels for the emitter and oil pan for the switch to get 3D printed?

Thanks
David

The original wheel isn't all that hard to get. The Lamborghini Countach kit will give you a couple, since if I'm remembering right the front and back wheels are different. The front is what gets used.

The activation switch, well, supposedly it's an oil pan from *some* model car kit but that hasn't been discovered yet. There are some people out there doing castings, both of the oil pan and the grips.

Lamborghini Countach kit comes with 5 wheels

2 front
2 read
1 spare wheel (extra front)

You want to use the front. I ended up splitting the kit with someone else so the wheel only cost me half.

The spare wheel (extra front) looks like the same but the lip on the rim is different. U can find the spares easier then the real front

Someone tried casting the real wheels but it’s really hard to make a mold that doesn’t catch air pockets

The kits can be found on eBay, they have 2 different covers, one with a white lambo and one with a red

Be sure to read everything and make sure it’s the correct kit before you purchase. Finding someone to go half’s with helps a lot!! Here are some pics of comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c149a2d7b730d9a33064a398a014f260.jpg

Wheel on top is the front, wheel on bottom is the spare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back