YODA fabric

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hiya,

I just been and bought this new fabric for my Yoda puppet when its done. Its the sample on the left that I've distress and aged (the sample on the right is the material I used on a previous Yoda statue). You'll notice how open the weave is and the different types of thread thats been incoporated into the fabric.

Cheers

Cyb.

Well, I can't honestly remember if your Yoda is OT or prequal, but if it OT, then the new material looks excellent. You have aged and worn it quite well and it looks very much like the ESB Yoda fabric. Would love to see it up next your Yoda to get a better sense of scale?

Bryan

I think that fabric would work great for an OT Yoda. Funny I was just looking at my Illusive Originals Yoda the other day and wondering what it would take to make a puppet. Do you have any progess pics up?

Would this be the same stuff that you found previously which was so expensive? I think they both look the part really. Absent any alternatives I've thought about the trusty Ralph Lauren herringbone blanket; I've a beige one left over from a Tusken project.

James

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 26 2006, 07:25 AM) [snapback]1268378[/snapback]</div>
Hiya,

I just been and bought this new fabric for my Yoda puppet when its done. Its the sample on the left that I've distress and aged (the sample on the right is the material I used on a previous Yoda statue). You'll notice how open the weave is and the different types of thread thats been incoporated into the fabric.

Cheers

Cyb.
[/b]

The thing about this fabric that i've noticed is the large scale open weave. It really is a very broad open weave that looks so much like the Yoda material in TESB. I can't wait to see this made up on my finished display with the all new Yoda statue :D

Cyb.

PS... The above image represents the actually scale of the fabric.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I can't wait to see this made up on my finished display with the all new Yoda statue :D

Cyb.
[/b]

It should be the business. :thumbsup

Edit: Do you mind saying how much the fabric goes for?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back