Yoda 1:1 ESB FIRST RAW PULL Page 2!!!

bweapon

Hey everyone I'm new here, found this place through being a member of the hunters Lair.
This is something I started a week or two back, my 1:1 yoda fully sculpted.
a W.i.p

DSCN3883-1.jpg

31st January 2012

DSCN3879-1.jpg

28th March 2012

2.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone, comments welcome! :)

Last edited:
Re: Yoda 1:1 W.E.D Clay sculpt.

Excellent job on capturing the expression. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Nice, character has a lot of life in the eyes.

I'm no yoda expert but do the ears need to be bigger? I know it's a wip so it already might be on the to do list

Nice, character has a lot of life in the eyes.

I'm no yoda expert but do the ears need to be bigger? I know it's a wip so it already might be on the to do list

Yeah the ears are just the first run still, havent re-worked those yet. Mainly because one of them is a piece of wood that is secured to the main armature.
Im aiming at getting the whole look as close to the ESB as i can.

Thanks for the compliments on the expression too, seeing as he will be more of a bust than a puppet i need the expression to show.

Thanks everyone, hopefully some more photos at the weekend!

Thanks for the compliments on the expression too, seeing as he will be more of a bust than a puppet i need the expression to show.

totally agree, I think if you are making a bust, its actually more important to get the character and life in the sculpt rather than trying to make it technically accurate.
you can get away with a lot if your finished piece has "feeling"

WOW!!! that is so amazing....the expression is just.....wow...cant wait to see this done!

Ahhh...W.E.D. clay...I miss my big batch of it, had to throw it out when I moved. I upgraded to some chavant NSP though, that stuff rocks! Great looking sculpt man, can't wait to see where this goes, and like the others said, welcome aboard!

Okay, that currently looks like the EP1-3 and Clone Wars Yoda should have looked. :thumbsup
A little tweaking and more wrinkles and you will make the travel 25 years into the future, aging him into an ESB version.
As has been said before, don´t go for technically accurate, go for essence and spirit with that sculpt!

Very impressive! It seems like you've brought him to life! It's amazing what a little patience can accomplish. Well done!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back