YO ADRIAAAAAN! 1/1 Rocky Balboa

streetjudge79

Master Member
Hope you guys like it. Just finished painting him up . Just have to find some eyelashes for him yet.

8acca773.jpg

0f5316d4.jpg

743c903d.jpg

db639a35.jpg

a28b0b67.jpg

2d32a78b.jpg

bce5bf41.jpg

Looks really good ! I'm so used to seeing 'old' Sly these days it's hard to remember what 1977 Stallone looks like.

The 5o'clock shadow looks very realistic.

Stunning...!

One small suggestion/critique (and something you could still do, though it is finished).

He's shiney...

I know he's supposed to be sweatty, but in the images, the sheen looks almost too even, making it look a tad plasticy.

If you have time, could you dust some clear matte here and there (not evenly across) to knock back the sheen a bit in certain areas?

On the other hand, maybe the cam flash is accentuating the shine?

Looking back, I think its the chin and 'stache that may need to be flattened out a bit.

You have done such a superb job creating the stubble; I think reducing the sheen in those areas would really make this pop all the more.

I would venture to guess that in real life, stubble would break up the shine provided by sweat, since it reduces (or eliminates) the smoothness of the surface.

Alternativly, the shine/sheen in and around the Adam's Apple I think is spot on, as sweat tends to collect there.

You know I offer this with the best intentions. I realize its dicey offering tips/critiques on a completed project/show-off thread.

I actually think this is one of your best paintups. :thumbsup

Just one tip, please don't spoil it by adding fake eyelashes that are far too long and evenly spaced.

Suckface, it was the way you went about it. There is constructive criticism or tips, then there are just plain worthless, rude comments which I took yours as. So feel free not to comment any further on my work. I think I'll get over it pretty quick, lol.
And was this post really necessary? Are you just trying to start in with me? Sounds like you are trying to start a flame war which I believe is a violation here. Also your PM was pretty immature.
You are now on the ignore list so don't bother Pm'ing me again with your immature rants. I don't have time for immaturity and just plain rude behavior

Last edited:
woow, looks nice.... just for your next.....
if the hair is wet... a couple of drops around the face looks more realistic, clear resin, superglue (the cheap one dries clear )

Great likeness!
You know what always bugged me though - Rocky's face was far more damaged in Part 1/2 than it was in Part 4, where he technically recieved a more brutal beating.
I understand from a "Hollywood" standpoint that they had to keep their star looking pretty, but after the beating he got from Drago his face should have looked like a nightmare.

Re: My Third Fettster Terminator in progress
I can't help but think the hair and eyebrow are letting this bust down, he's battle damaged yet other than the chunk of hair that is missing on the one side it looks like he's walked out of a hair salon not a battle ? it would also add more realism if you could cover the wig hairline up with some glued hair and give it a little shape, also on the damaged side on the right forhead
I also think the eyebrow placement isn't helping the with the frown expersssion on his face as it too thin and angle seems off

darkening the skin and adding more layers of paint will really add depth to it and bring it to life
nice chrome finish again though that works great on this bust, what is it your using ? I'll have to try it out on mine

worthless and rude ?????? No I don't think so, thats constructive and helpfull to improve your finished work which is the point in posting progress pictures right ?

do we need to take this any further ? I hope not and I'm all up for a moderator looking into this if their is a need too ? I'm sure they will be interested in reading some of your messages, and not just the one's to me

Suckface, it was the way you went about it. There is constructive criticism or tips, then there are just plain worthless, rude comments which I took yours as. So feel free not to comment any further on my work. I think I'll get over it pretty quick, lol.
And was this post really necessary? Are you just trying to start in with me? Sounds like you are trying to start a flame war which I believe is a violation here. Also your PM was pretty immature.
You are now on the ignore list so don't bother Pm'ing me again with your immature rants. I don't have time for immaturity and just plain rude behavior

My only real problem with it seems to be the teeth. They're just too white and really seem to jump out at you giving him a buck tooth look. (I've run into similar problems in the past). Maybe touch them up with a light grey (to simulate shadowing in the mouth) will diffuse their brightness.
Otherwise, I love it. It actually looks painful! The towel and hood are spot on and a perfect touch!

Suck face. I don't know why you feel the need to attack me but if it makes you feel like a big man go ahead and make a fool out of yourself
I'm moving on to mature people.
Oh and I assume you are referring to my falling out with fettster. It actually is none of your businessss so kindly stay out of it.
And those were not the comments I was referring to so nice try slick

Last edited:
Thanks funky. Ill do that

QUOTE=Funky Jedi;2093949]My only real problem with it seems to be the teeth. They're just too white and really seem to jump out at you giving him a buck tooth look. (I've run into similar problems in the past). Maybe touch them up with a light grey (to simulate shadowing in the mouth) will diffuse their brightness.
Otherwise, I love it. It actually looks painful! The towel and hood are spot on and a perfect touch![/QUOTE]

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back