Yet another spiderman recaster from the UK - Richard Hamilton, AKA - SUPERROBOTNINJA

TJackFx

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Why is it that every time I get recast it seems to be from someone overseas? It was brought to my attention that member SUPERROBOTNINJA (Richard Hamilton) has been selling recast copies of my asm2 frames through facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SUPERROBOTNINJA/?fref=nf

He bought one of my kits from me back on October 2015. Here are some images he sent today to another member who contacted him about buying some ASM2 frames and lenses. Richard told the member that these are the ones he claims to make:

superrobotninja2.jpg superrobotninja2.jpg

and here are a few images of the ones that I have been making and selling here at the RPF for the past few years:

tjack2.jpgtjack1.jpg

He has yet to reply to any of my pm's or emails. I do happen to have his home and cell phone numbers so tomorrow I plan on calling him in person.

The evidence has been forwarded to the moderators and I expect he will be banned from here. All I ask is that the Spidey community spread the word and prevent people from giving him any business.

superrobotninja1.jpg

superrobotninja2.jpg

superrobotninja2.jpg

tjack1.jpg

tjack2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Yet another spiderman recaster from the UK - SUPERROBOTNINJA

Man, this is just bad. I hope justice will be served for you and your amazing work, TJack.

Thanks man. I was concerned he might have been casting yours too.

Well, in order for him to recast any of my stuff I would probably have to have sold something in the last two years lol Honestly this kind of stuff is why I haven't sold in a long time. And you're right, it almost always comes from over-seas, and ESPECIALLY from the UK for some reason. If there weren't a bunch of cool people over there I would have a no UK rule.

If there weren't a bunch of cool people over there I would have a no UK rule.

My thoughts exactly - I've contemplated more than once to stop selling to the UK but I don't feel it's right to punish everyone for the actions of a few di**heads

Sorry to hear about this injustice,Tjack.You deserve better.

Not again? These **&/#@ are giving us brits a bad name. Other than as you say not selling to the UK I guess all we can all do is keep an eye out and make a list on all social networking sites. Havent really looked for it on here but is there a named recaster thread so we all know who to avoid?

Name and shame as largely as possible.

Sorry to hear this man. Never had any dealings with him but will be sure to spread the word. Please don't stop selling to the UK though, our suits would suffer for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGAIN?! You've got to be kidding me this is a p***-take, I swear this happens way too often for you mate, the previous one wasn't even that long ago, and of course it had to be someone from the UK again, making us all look bad. Sorry man :(

Also noticed they sell what to my eyes looks like recasted Oracle face shells too although it's possible I'm wrong.

Well it at least shows everyone how good your parts are. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.

Okay here is his response-

"Had to scour through my old photos to find the work I originally did on the lenses.
I bought a set of Tjack kit lenses a long time ago to use as reference because they were the closest to the film available. when I sculpted these ones out of clay, I worked directly from the Tjack ones as reference. I traced out the shape then built up. After that, vacuum formed the clay sculpt and casted it so I could make multiple versions for myself, but since then a lot of people have wanted them.
I did not directly recast the Tjack frames I sculpted a replica set using them as reference."

LOL the ol' I didn't DIRECTLY copy them, I just sorta copied them... using techniques that would never produce these results.

That makes me ill. Sorry TJack, I bought a pair of your lenses awhile back and I absolutely loved them. What a bummer, to put some time and effort into something, and have it ripped off like that.

Okay here is his response-

"Had to scour through my old photos to find the work I originally did on the lenses.
I bought a set of Tjack kit lenses a long time ago to use as reference because they were the closest to the film available. when I sculpted these ones out of clay, I worked directly from the Tjack ones as reference. I traced out the shape then built up. After that, vacuum formed the clay sculpt and casted it so I could make multiple versions for myself, but since then a lot of people have wanted them.
I did not directly recast the Tjack frames I sculpted a replica set using them as reference."

LOL the ol' I didn't DIRECTLY copy them, I just sorta copied them... using techniques that would never produce these results.

I'd be very interested to see his WIP pics - sculpting the frames in clay and then vacuforming will not work - you'd completely ruin a tiny sculpt of that size due to the heat and pressure of the vacuum.

As well, I've seen some of the other items he has sculpts - funny enough, only the frames he "sculpted" based off my design and nice and smooth and symmetrical - none of his other sculpting attempts are.

UPDATE

I just saw his "proof" picture - looks an awful lot like a plastic frame that has been sprayed with primer to me. Take a look at the fisheyes from him not properly cleaning the mold release off before spraying them - you wouldn't get that from clay. Also notice how his clay base doesn't even cover underneath the entire frame? There is no way he "built them up out of clay" based on that picture.

12049345_918439058270061_7705113109472478502_n.jpg

12049345_918439058270061_7705113109472478502_n.jpg

Okay, he is definitely guilty of recasting. I just did some Spidey CSI and if you look VERY closely at the front of TJack's frames, there is a little bit of texture left over from production (Not a criticism, my lenses have stuff like this too when you get super close) You can tell from the pictures he posted that his frame has reproduced this slight bit of texture-

suprobnin lens theft.jpg

BAM. Guilty. Throw the book at him. Also Tjack I agree, it's laughable to think you could get this much detail from a vacuform mold.

I totally agree. I have a few molds that get used that I didn't polish up the masters as smooth as I should have - in this case it actually helps to confirm they are recast - and the fact that they are less noticeable on his is a normal result of recasting - loss of detail.

Thanks MCL34N :thumbsup

And looking at the pics I think Yeebeme is right - he may have recast OracleMadeUK as well.

Ugh it is always the same thing when you confront a scammer like this. They are always not very intelligent, or they would understand that recasting isn't worth the risk of being shunned from the community. But their defense is always the same- This conversation is after I showed him the comparison of the two lenses.

"That's because those are the Tjack frames, I still have them near mint because I bought them purely for reference directly from the maker to support the original source! I photoed them for somebody who asked roughly how big the eyes are I make."

"Hey, I heard you make and sell Spider-man frames. Can I see a picture of them to get an idea of the size?" "No, but here is a picture of some frames made by someone else, mine are kinda like these ones." "Ooookaaay... Thanks."

I don't understand why people are so against believing that people can produce work to a similar level as some of the other makers out there, I put day after day in the studio and have countless folders of the work it took to sculpt and make a replica set.

"Why is it so hard for everyone to believe that I found a magic lamp on my most recent excursion to the orient, and a genie then granted my wish for better work overnight?!"

And that's exactly what any of this work ever is, a replica. Not one single person owns intellectual property to any or the work that were all making replicas of.

"You don't own the rights to Spider-Man. That means I get to steal and profit off of your work and there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop me, so please stop hating me, k?"

Im tired of having to explain myself and being attacked if you don't want to believe me I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you or anyone else otherwise.

He is correct here. It is a waste of his time to try and defend himself. He is clearly guilty.

Okay, I by no means want to start a witch hunt here, but his actual name is Richard Hamilton. I just think it is worth while to ostracize him by his real name, as "Super Robot Ninja" is a pretty easy thing to ditch.

And he has officially been banned from the RPF.

It looks like he has deleted the comments made on his FB thread and restricted access. Pretty shady for someone claiming to be innocent.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back