Yet another Ranch Saber

v312

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Gave up on waiting for a vintage broken lever to show up, so I finished it with a replica. I think it turned out pretty well so I decided to share few pictures. Added a second button as I really like it much better like this.
1637718893855.png

1637719150732.png

1637719203233.png

1637719249237.png

1637719277765.png

1637719320683.png

1637719612770.png

1637719401127.png

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
what grips are those? i experimented with warping roys track a long time ago but they were tricky and would shrink on me

you bent those tracks perfectly

v312

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
what grips are those? i experimented with warping roys track a long time ago but they were tricky and would shrink on me

To be honest I have no idea. Not Roy's for sure. I got them as part of a trade. But I think I've seen them on ebay listed with some junk inaccurate parts - maybe these are what comes with some kit like 89sabers and people replace them with Roy's or Todd's. Here's a picture of a piece that I have left, maybe someone will recognize it:
1637734012902.png

v312

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The trick with these is to heat them and bend to shape - then they will keep it and can be installed easily.
Here's her little less dirty twin sister from Dagobah - I think I used the same t-tracks:

1637776164224.png

This is the look I was aiming for:
1637774898955.png

Last edited:

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I cut my wannawanga ones then bent them with heat but they shrank.. next time I’ll buy his grips cut to vader length, and attempt to bend them that way
Then cut them to length and notch them

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

IMG_2696.JPG.jpg

They really look like they are the custom saber shops. I went back to my comparison shots. Roy's, Marvs and TCSS. The give away is the tab on the back that fits in the hilt kits. If you look closely at the center grip in my picture you will see the red tape
MARVS LEFT, CSS, ROY

Last edited:

Benjo

Congratulations ! You totally catched what I love the most on that version: bent grip and beaten up appearance. That stuff looks like it's been picked up on Bespin trash yard.

v312

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would have used Roy's too, but my initial motivation for this build was just to use my "b-grade" parts for something. Like wrong kobold clip, scratched top, broken bulb holder, etc. The Dagobah saber bottom was actually my first try for the Ranch saber. But it ended up too clean so I decided to make a Dagobah variation with it and later did the second one when I got a much more beaten up graflex.
That said the grips turned out to look ok when weathered a bit so now I don't plan to replace them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.