Yet another one: Ironman MkV Pop Rivet and foam hybrid

IMHO this suit blows anything MasterLe has even produced and will ever produce as long as he continues to make his suits. Great work Cinnamon!

[protoss] I HAVE RETURNED [/protoss]

Hey guys. So I'm a little short on pics at the moment, but it's finished, and last night I want out to a party bar and had some real fun in the suit. I'm going to follow up this post with detail shots over the next week or so so you can see what I did, and how I want to improve.

Here's the only 95% full assembly pic I have at the moment.

dsc00487uf.jpg

I think you can all spot the parts I'm not completely happy with. Keep in mind, this was taken at 3am last night after going out and getting battered around on a dance floor for 4 hours straight. There's a lot of wear and tear, especially on the thin Foamies that I used to fill in the hip gaps, and the Pec-Treads.

The Pec Treads here are just painted foamies cut to form and sewed onto my undersuit. They did their job great, but they're not durable at all. They started out looking great, but by the time of the above photo, after dancing and walking for 5 hours, they look like they've been through a paper shredder. I need to upgrade the undersuit, and the pec treads along with them.

As you can see, I'm using the snap together playroom foam flooring for the legs, so that I wasn't constantly stabbing girls' knees on the dance floor.

Oh, and for reference: the whole back of this thing is shoddy. The back is just some red vinyl on my undersuit, and the backs of the legs are just elastic straps, so that I could dress myself. My costume is a reversed mullet: party in the front, but all business in the back. What can I say, I ran out of time.

Hot from far away. *shrug*

Overall, I'm happy, and I'll be even happier if I win the costume contest from last night. The place I went to is running it by having the photographers take pics of us at the party, and today or tomorrow they're going to post the pics on their website.

So basically I have to hope that
1) people realize I built the damn thing and didn't buy it
2) people vote for best costume and not just everyone vote for their friends (ha, right)
3) it's even a good picture of me and my costume, because if the pic turned out bad I'm screwed.

But whatever. I'm going to repair this thing over the next few months in my spare time, and maybe I'll see you all at some conventions.

More detail pics through the week. Thanks for all your support guys. Man I'm tired.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back