Yet another 232 probe droid pod :-)

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Over the weekend I finally put together my 232 probe droid pod (sans engine). I've had most of the parts for some time and was just looking for the 'Engine' pieces. Finally I decided to just get it made and while I was busy with other projects all weekend, still managed to get it mostly done. Thankfully I now have the needed pieces on the way too. It also appears based on the one usable picture of the original, that the engine nozzle was painted separately anyway. So all is good :) I still can't tell how the pieces at the base of the engines should go as everyone seems to do it one of two ways. So I went with the logical.
IMG_6301.JPGIMG_6303.JPGIMG_6307.JPG

A little 232-Pod useless trivia for y'all
2 years ago while working on a movie called 'Iron Sky' I modified some some existing CG models of German vehicles into Moon versions. They were going to be used as dressing for the main German 'Black Sun' base. Quickly it was discovered that they appeared as little more than a single pixel on screen! I did end up using them in other shots but they were still small. Later there was a need for the US ship to fire it's nuke missiles at the base. Realizing that shot would show a dozen or more of these dropping out of the ship and launching towards the German base I hatched a cunning plan...
Nuke-1.pngIS_Nuke1.pngIS_Nuke2.pngIS_Nuke3.png
Tuomas Kankola did the final shots as seen.

:)
L

A little 232-Pod useless trivia for y'all
2 years ago while working on a movie called 'Iron Sky' I modified some some existing CG models of German vehicles into Moon versions. They were going to be used as dressing for the main German 'Black Sun' base. Quickly it was discovered that they appeared as little more than a single pixel on screen! I did end up using them in other shots but they were still small. Later there was a need for the US ship to fire it's nuke missiles at the base. Realizing that shot would show a dozen or more of these dropping out of the ship and launching towards the German base I hatched a cunning plan...
View attachment 268844View attachment 268845View attachment 268846View attachment 268847
Tuomas Kankola did the final shots as seen.

:)
L

:lol Iron Sky! That was a fun movie! Nice work mate :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back