Yet another 223 and 232 Pods Build

propcollector

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok guys here is my build.....and a lot of thanks goes out to lee, julien and jason for all the info on these two babies. Thanks also to Theodore for getting me the 1/12 Brabham BT44B rims and centurion parts. I have all the parts now for the 232 to start the build of that pod, so I will start on it while waiting for the other parts needed to finish the 223.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    787.6 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.7 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 346
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 317
Got your PM Mark, but it looks like you have it nailed, looking good mate, wow, is that an old Rich Long casting???

lee

Hay thanks jason, and yes lee it is, had it sitting around for awhile. What did you guys use to slip over the bottom bt44b rim to fill the space around the centurion part. There defiantly three parts to the nozzle?

and thanks again guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 184
I didnt use the Cent part mate, its not cannon as i recall anyhow, mine has a Ford F1 brake disk, that sits on the 8rad parts from memory, nice and gappy and delicate!

lee

This is what I did - aping Allan or Julien's idea for the Centurion part? I forget. I don't even know if I used the right rims? Yours looks much more conical.

L1070805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe I trimmed mine down. I don't keep this stuff in my memory once I build, sigh. Heck, I can't retain what I haven't built yet!! :lol

Here's Jason'sJason's, it looks like there is another cone. So what you are telling me is there was the only two bt44t rims used on the original filming model and no centurion part?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 221
Looking good my friend! I cannot wait to get this Rim thing sorted out.

So I'm looking at the archive picture that's floated around here before and when I zoom on the engine, it definitely looks like three stages, with the lower stage being different from the last two. If you look at the shadow it is casting, it looks to be three stages. The bottom stage looks wider to me than the bt44t rims, much like Jason's build.

Last edited:
I did it this way, non of them are spot on, but have fun with it i say. The rim debate rolls on, i don't think mine are right on (i don't even have the 8rad pieces on the seams as mine were the first out there, when little was known) as i don't agree with others, but its good to see others carrying on a dream i had and others made possible :)

lee

Thanks guys, lee your pod looks fantastic. I think lee is right just have fun with it and make like you want since they don't really know until someone gets some good close up pics!

Lee, that looks great. Nice, clean, and sharp!

So I went ahead and messed with some rim set up with the F1 rims that I have here. I figured I would take pictures of them and share. When I say upper and lower, I'm referring to the placement of the rim on the stack.

Lower Lotus MKIII rim trimmed, upper bt44b rim, mid bt44b rim trimmed:

Lower MKIII midsized rim, upper bt44b rims:

Lower Midsized 312T rim, upper Upper bt44b rims:

Lower Midsized 312T rim, upper MKIII rims:

Lower Lotus MKIII rim trimmed, Upper bt44b rims:

Lower Lotus MKIII rim trimmed, Upper Lotus MKIII rims:

Ok guys going to start the 232 pod while waiting for my 223 parts. Have one ? On the 232 pod end. Does the end styrene plastic overlap on the end or cut to fit flush?

in this correct way in the pics?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 168
Hay thanks guy,really appreciate all the help, lord knows I need It!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So I was wondering on the third rim, the one on the bottom, wondering if that is from the saturn? Here is Allen's nice close up of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back