Yes, another Joker sculpt

Robot

OK, I know everyone and his brother has sculpted a DK Joker, but about a year or more ago, I found Bobby Causeys version and was simply amazed.
The first thing I ever tried was a pair of gorilla feet out of SS and I was so proud, even though they looked silly. I played with Chavant, WED, and Monster clay for a few months and tried my hand at Bram Stokers Dracula.
I've been working on the Ledger Joker off and on for a couple months now. I know I have a decent amount of refinement left, but I figured I would post it here and see what comments might roll in, good or bad. Critiques welcome.
I have an idea of what I want his eyes to be doing, so they are still a WIP

It looks really good, I see Ledger in there for sure.

Let me just say, I'm no artist, and just pay them to make this stuff for me. :)

I think the eyes and nose look really good, the lower half of the face looks a little thick for me, although the mouth looks pretty good.

If this is one of your first goes at sculpting I think you've got some talent. All the best as you develop and advance in the hobby. Thanks for sharing your art here and your willingness to listen to knuckleheads like me. :lol

I think you have a lot of it right. Heath had a very distinctive nose profile, impossible to see in two direct photos. any chance of a side or 3/4 view?

It looks really good, I see Ledger in there for sure.

Let me just say, I'm no artist, and just pay them to make this stuff for me. :)

I think the eyes and nose look really good, the lower half of the face looks a little thick for me, although the mouth looks pretty good.

If this is one of your first goes at sculpting I think you've got some talent. All the best as you develop and advance in the hobby. Thanks for sharing your art here and your willingness to listen to knuckleheads like me. :lol

Thanks for the compliments. I did make his lower jaw bigger than the other sculpts Ive seen, because he really had a thick pit bull like head. Maybe it's a bit large still, but I can still fix it.

Here are 2 other pic's. The side by side is not at the same angle, so it doesn't line up exactly. However, you can at least compare the profiles

The lower jaw is throwing it off but I really like it. To me the lower jaw makes him look a bit full in the face but its still very good at this stage. Really like the mouth.
This could turn out awesome!

OK, I finally had some time today after putting this guy on the shelf for 3 months. I know a lot wasn't accomplished, but it was so nice to take a break from real life today.
I thinned down his jaw and chin, beefed up the head behind the ears, and worked on the nose a bit. I think it helped. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can finish this thing.
Any and all comments or critiques welcomed.

Ok, I finally got him off the shelf and did a little work! I re-did his mouth and nose along with some ear work that I still don't like. I also need to work on the scar(s) details as well.
I kind of based this sculpt off the Ledger pic below.

Any comments or critiques are welcome

Ok, I finally got him off the shelf and did a little work! I re-did his mouth and nose along with some ear work that I still don't like. I also need to work on the scar(s) details as well.
I kind of based this sculpt off the Ledger pic below.

Any comments or critiques are welcome

WoW! That looks really good! I have been wanting to get into sculpting after I had seen Bobby C's Joker. I wanted to make one for myself. I just don't know where to begin or how the entire process works. Great job!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back