Yellow Submarine coming to Blu-ray

About time. I've been meaning to get it on DVD so i'll just get this one. Now we need Wizards, Fire&Ice, and a few others on blueray.

Umm, wow is this thread old. Anyway, I just went to see the 50th anniversary theatrical reissue and...

The last time I saw this in the early 80s (on TV), I was still in school and my friends and I were a lot more impressed with the whole thing. Now it seems like something that was a) meant to be seen while high, b) produced by people who were high, or c) all of the above.

I saw it, largely for the experience, but I can't say I loved it. Maybe I've just grown beyond the hippy peace, love, and (whatever) mentality.

Umm, wow is this thread old. Anyway, I just went to see the 50th anniversary theatrical reissue and...

The last time I saw this in the early 80s (on TV), I was still in school and my friends and I were a lot more impressed with the whole thing. Now it seems like something that was a) meant to be seen while high, b) produced by people who were high, or c) all of the above.

I saw it, largely for the experience, but I can't say I loved it. Maybe I've just grown beyond the hippy peace, love, and (whatever) mentality.

The answer is C! I've found a lot of stuff from my younger days doesn't hold up very well, especially the stuff that requires an altered state of mind for full enjoyment. My daughter loves the Beatles but couldn't sit through the Yellow Submarine.

Yeah wtf... a part of me just died!

I’ve not seen it in 20 years. I’m sure I would’ve been able to tell if I saw it now... but I didn’t know it wasn’t their voices... wth they were too famous to be bothered? Its not like it required acting skills etc..:

I've known for years that they didn't voice their characters even though the first time I saw it I thought they did. As far as I'm aware they didn't do the voices because other than the music they had nothing to do with the movie. This was similar to the 60's Beatles cartoons that were on Saturday mornings that had nothing to do with the Beatles except they would play a couple of Beatles songs during each show.

I remember our music teacher showed us this in grade school one day and everybody left that class going, "What was that?" I remember liking the colors and silliness of it all (but I like cartoons anyway), I think she was trying to get us into the Beatles but, as an introduction to them, that movie was definitely not the thing to do it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back