Yavin 4 scanner (ANH) - all major parts positively identified

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I printed an ABS coupling that fits the two motor soxkets to join them together and it's solid with the tape added.

Heafty things aren't they, when you put it all together it's quite large too. Though my tape didn't hold long lol so it's sat in a box in bits.

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I printed an ABS coupling that fits the two motor soxkets to join them together and it's solid with the tape added.
So you removed the pins in the sockets of the real motors and aligned them or did you keep the offset connection even with the printed coupling?

Have a pic of yours?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of my motors was missing pins anyway but the motors are aligned.

A block of wood with holes for the pins would do also.

Haven't taken any pictues yet. I need to order some 2" gaffer tape and find a suitable screwdriver or other tool.

So you removed the pins in the sockets of the real motors and aligned them or did you keep the offset connection even with the printed coupling?

Have a pic of yours?

3DImpact

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been off on travel and just got back and see these amazing recent posts! Holy cow, folks - I had to look at these postings a couple times to try to understand whether I was looking at folks who had found original motors or if these were painted versions of Jerry's replicas! Amazing work and great painting and detailing - SO fun to see these coming out now and glad to know there are going to be some darned accurate Rebel Fleet Troop sentries out there now after all these years! :)

Dan