Yautja1's Lifesize P1 Build

Goldenrod

Sr Member
Hey Predheads!

I was very lucky to obtain another one of these badboys for myself. I had to let my last one go due to F*%kin bills.
Needless to say i'm extremely pleased to have this P1. For me the P1 is the top dog of all in my monster/sci-fi world.

Don't get me wrong i have other favorite movie monsters and they fall in this order P1 being on the top, Creature from the black lagoon, Pumpkinhead, warrior Alien from Aliens, Big Ben from House, Frankenstien's(Karlof) Monster, Lugosi Dracula,Wolfman(Chaney), Mummy(karlof), Terminator endoskeleton, Darth Vader, Kathoga and it goes on.

ANYWAYS!
I have been working on him on and off for several weeks now. I still have alot of work to do before any painting starts.
So far i have done alot of sanding and grinding on the seams and little imperfections that comes with this giant figure kit.
I also cut the arms off just above the gauntlets to turn the forearms more forward to show off the tops of the gauntlets more and for a better looking pose. I was worried it would look weird but it came out fine. I also recieved with this kit the backpack and plazma caster.
I cut out the eyes for the glass eyes i got from fellow board member. I think i'm gonna remove more of the eyesocket though due to the wonkyness of the eye position. One eye sets down & out more than the other and it just looks bad. So, I will resculpt it and custom fit the glass eyes in place for a more menacing and P1 accuarte look.

Once i'm ready for dreads i plan on using earth magnets to hold them to the head. This way if anything happens to them i can replace them with ease. I thought of doing it this way because if i glue them it would mess up the paintjob. This way i can just click them in place on the head and check for position and length as well. Of course i will have to epoxy each magnet to each hole in the head and the oposite to the dreads but it will be a nice mod.
He stands on his own perfectly but I do plan to create a custom base with hidden lights and nameplate.

bigboy1.jpg

awesome stuff, could make a very menacing guard against any unsuspecting night time burglaries lol motion detector and he snarls etc. lol. but in all seriousness, look sweet. looking forward to the completed subject.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back