Yautja Race, Stories, and Beyond

predation

A Yautja History Lesson.

in cold vacuums of space, lies a planetary system, in which each of the four planets have life. one of them, Yautja, had highly intelligent life. on this planet were a race of extraterrestrial, monsterous, humanoid creatures, the Yautja race. the Yautja were a very social people. there grew many systems in their civilization. there were the commoners(kind of like common people in our puny planet), warriors, and hunters. this system formed when the Yautja werent as advanced in technology(referring to something less advanced than P1 armor). though in time, the Divergent Era of the planet began. the Yautja began to divege into two different breeds. these breeds would remain separate for hundreds of thousands of years.

eventually, when the Yautja were more advanced and the two breeds met each other again. to one of the breeds' surprise, the other breed of Yautja were much larger and more agressive. their form was way more monsterous than the small breed. these two breeds remained neutral. the little breed were considered noble in nature. the big breed, however, were considered rogue for their rather brutal ways. as the Rogue Hunters watched he Noble Hunters, the Nobles seemed to be more moral to their prey; every once and a while, some Noble prey might be considered as equals and allies, especially humans. the Rogue Yautja Hunters did not like this fact. with brains of barbarians, the Rogue Yautja considered the Nobles as prey also. as this happened, a blood feud arose between the two. they were like a litter of cats and a pride of lions, but some cats have advantage.

in the other systems, the two Yautja breeds get along however. the Commoners and the Warriors of the two share similar beliefs. but the Hunters have different principals, and the Rogues tried to maintain their ways by killing off the Nobles, which they thought was honorable. throughout the ages, the Hunters would kill each other as well as hunt their game. over 20,000 years ago. the Nobles discovered a species of creatures that require a host to breed their kind. these creatures were known as Xenomorphs. Noble Yautja Hunters considered these creatures as a great hunt. the first few hunts didnt go so well. discovering that these organisms had highly acidic blood and tough hide was the Noble's downfall. the Rogues eventually discovered this also. about a year later. the two breeds enhanced their weaponry and successfully killed some of the Xenomorphs. the Yautja took specimens and live ones to study them. the Nobles flew to Earth. the humans worshipped the Yautja race, so the Nobles came up with an idea to use the humans to breed Xenomorphs in order tio have a good hunt.

the rogues had a similar idea, except they used Nobles to breed Yautja Xenomorphs(Predaliens), which actually wasnt very rare(considering AVPR) at all. since the Noble Huners were enemies, the Rogue ones enjoyed using them for a better hunt. around present day, the Rogues and the Nobles considered a new way to hunt; sending their game to a specific planet to hunt them in. there is a principle that the Nobles came up with called the Principle of Acceptance. according to this principle, if an intelligent creature is able to fight off enough Yautja and hunt them in the same way, then that creature is accepted as a Hunter. that creature would fight alongside the Yautja Nobles. the Principle of Acceptance was one of the reasons why the Rogues started hunting the Noble Hunters. this feud seemed endless as the honorable hunt was an endless game. the Hunters worshiped the Black Huner, whom they believed would give them strength. the ancient Black Hunter who was fortold as one of the original legendary Yautja Hunters. the legendary Hunters whom knew that one day, they would fall to their prey. these legendar Hunters who once said:

"Honor comes in the skulls of our prize"
"Honor will allow the strong prey to fight abainst and alongside their hunters"
"Honor shal let the others remember how we died in honor"
"honor is the bomb that will take our life in the hope that our prey is taken as well"
"Honor will consume most of us, because whoever wins, we loose"

Basically what I have been thinking, the "super Preds" are actually the Hish from the Forever Midnight book ( being the splinter off species) with the Yautja being the original Preds that we know and love.

You think the Hish are "super preds"? ;)

I could easily see why the Hish wouldn't be the same breed but I can't believe in calling them super at anything.

I really like this thread. Good job! You expanded Nolan's theory of what's going on between the Nobles and Rogues! I wish they would do a new Pred movie with the Nobles and Rogues in an all out war with the humans caught in the middle!

-Berserk Wolf

Does anybody have a real explanation for calling them super, yeah their taller and stronger thats it ?

I honestly doubt they are truly larger and stronger then the normal preds. Remember that humans out ran and out fought these Hish jokes. So they aren't any stronger, unless there was a part in that book that noted them as over eight feet tall, they aren't taller. Seems like these rogues are most likely the preds version of failed genetic lines and so they dumped them on some world and left them to die.

I don't remember exactly their description in the book but it is defiantly their MO. Abducting individuals and dumping them on a game preserve planet. I believe I shall now refer to the Rouge Preds as Hish.

A few similarities that I do recall
Easily Pissed off (even for a pred)
Abducts prey
Way overconfident (even for a pred)

Add to that they were insanely stupid... to the point of one of the Hish being killed because he stood in front of a cannon.

They also tire easily as they relied on skimmers to move when the human's "out ran them".

I'm telling you, to the Yautja, the Hish are the backwash of the race. Its the only way to make sense of them. The Yautja found that some of their people were genetic failures to the extreme and so got rid of them.

Basically what I have been thinking, the "super Preds" are actually the Hish from the Forever Midnight book ( being the splinter off species) with the Yautja being the original Preds that we know and love.

I’ve always looked at it like this. The “predators” are the guys from the films; P1, P2 and Ps ( predators) The ‘Predators’ are also featured in novels like ‘South China Sea.’
The Yautja are featured in the films AVP, AVP-R and are featured in novels like Perry’s ‘Prey’ and the comics.
As for the SBps…my thoughts on them aren’t material as of yet.
~Estelle

Tracing Roots
Day 1-

ever thought that mankind is the only race that exists in this whole universe. ever had that feeling that things are only real just because youve viewed it. if thats the case, then i've had many extraordinary things come to reality recently. my name is Marella, this is my personal recordbook. after all the weird things i've experienced so far, it would only make sense to write down what i can.

lets see... i guess i was your average woman...not! i was a woman who trained in the many forms of combat. i guess you could say i was trying to defend myself and those that i care about. ive experienced a time where i wasnt able to do anything when my parents were in danger. it kept me thinking to train hard in order to protect those that i love... and myself. trouble would always come to me for reasons i dont know. i'd have to handle it by killing those who cause trouble. i am pretty much someone who must fight to survive. i guess that's why i was selected. one day when i was going about my business with other girls, i was heading home at night nd saw a bright light. this light flashed for a half a minute and the next thing you know, i wake up in the middle of the air. i wake up in shock. "where the... how the **** did i end up in the sky!?" i thought to myself. i realize that i was equipped with a parachute and used it. as i landed, the forest being gazed at by my eyes, seemed dense ad empty. where could i have been? what forest? what am i doing here?

"hello." someone said. who was that!? wonder was the essense behind my search for the voice. i run for the sound, but the sound finds me first. what i see is a tall lightskinned man with long, brown hair. i also saw another woman, who looked latin.

"who are you, what is going on?" i demandingly asked. the woman just answered. "we have no idea. we both came down from the sky." just what i needed to hear, other people who have no clue what is going on.

"me too. i saw a very bright light and just woke up in the sky," i answered "i must figure out what is going on. this doesnt happen everyday. in fact, it doesnt happen at all."

"we agree with your point," said the white guy. we gave away our names. the mans name way larry and the womans name was josolyne. we took a long stroll for 5 minutes untill we found a strange place.

I’ve always looked at it like this. The “predators” are the guys from the films; P1, P2 and Ps ( predators) The ‘Predators’ are also featured in novels like ‘South China Sea.’
The Yautja are featured in the films AVP, AVP-R and are featured in novels like Perry’s ‘Prey’ and the comics.
As for the SBps…my thoughts on them aren’t material as of yet.
~Estelle

Really? I always figured that P1 and P2 were adults and that AVP was the youths. Ps was the rejects like the Hish... those Yautja that were a disgrace to the race and so were exiled.

I was just watching P2 and AVP i relized that Scar and the elder have the same face well pattern.
But P2 looks nothing like the elder and the other brothers in P2.
Is it in P2 all of the lost are from diffrent clans and they came toghether if not please explain ?

I was just watching P2 and AVP i relized that Scar and the elder have the same face well pattern.

They used the same mold for Elder as they did for P2. Only they aged it afterwards for Elder.

But P2 looks nothing like the elder and the other brothers in P2.

In the second pred movie the ship seems like a small hunting barge vs a clan ship. Its likely, since all of the preds were fully armed, that they were all blooded hunters from a cross section of the Yautja.

Is it in P2 all of the lost are from diffrent clans and they came toghether if not please explain ?

Predator 2, was shown to be a gathering of blooded hunters. So most likely they weren't lost, just old buddies out on safari.

Really? I always figured that P1 and P2 were adults and that AVP was the youths. Ps was the rejects like the Hish... those Yautja that were a disgrace to the race and so were exiled.
I always thought of the AVP preds as being a type of sub-species, while the P1, P2 and P1S ( classic) where members of the nominate species. I say they are different mainly due to the dentition, the AVP preds have tiny teeth on their… nose, upper mouth or whatever it’s called while the “true” preds lack them. And Yeah, I can see the SBPs as the rejected Hish
~Estelle

I always thought of the AVP preds as being a type of sub-species, while the P1, P2 and P1S ( classic) where members of the nominate species. I say they are different mainly due to the dentition, the AVP preds have tiny teeth on their… nose, upper mouth or whatever it’s called while the “true” preds lack them. And Yeah, I can see the SBPs as the rejected Hish
~Estelle

In AVP we get the dialog from Sebastian pointing out that what Scar was doing was a youth ritual. So it would be hard to class them as a subspecies. Of course this depends on your view of canon as well. If its for your fan-fic then canon really doesn't matter and the AVP preds could very well be a subspecies in your writings.

In AVP we get the dialog from Sebastian pointing out that what Scar was doing was a youth ritual. So it would be hard to class them as a subspecies. Of course this depends on your view of canon as well. If its for your fan-fic then canon really doesn't matter and the AVP preds could very well be a subspecies in your writings.
So you feel that preddies ( predators) start out with top teeth and lose them once they reach adulthood? Yeah, I know scar and his buddies were young, but so was P2 and some of his crewmates..and they had no top teeth. I just always felt that Predator and AVP took place in seperate universes.
~Estelle

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back