Yautja Predator Menpo - Samurai Face Armor

Uratz

Sr Member
As if I don't enough on my plate...

Here's a Sneak Peek of a Human Character Concept I'm working on. Since I'm into Japanese armor and recently completed
a Graham Aker (from Gundam 00) Menpo (which was done as practice) thinking of making it into a real Menpo.
With this yautja mask I can use the Ghoul Hunter Armor I'm working on and create a new Human Predator crossover costume ...

Background Story of this guy is an Ancient Japanese Samurai Warrior who actually defeated a Predator. The rest is history...

Yautja Menpo:

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Color Variants with and Without symbols:

YautJa_Menpo_Color_Variants_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Pics:

Bone Color Menpo (Mr Bushido Style)
Aker_Bone_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Red Blood (Mr Bushido Style)
Graham_Aker_Menpo_Red_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Silver Menpo with Mouth
Aker_Silver_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Golden Menpo with Mouth
Aker_Gold_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I'm really itching to make this. I even got the teeth parts ready to go. Arrrghh!

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

YautJa_Menpo_Color_Variants_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Aker_Bone_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Graham_Aker_Menpo_Red_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Aker_Silver_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Aker_Gold_Menpo_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

OK I'm gonna do it.

Just have to figure out whether to sculpt on a bigger face template or use a life cast of my own face which will be easier.
I would say life cast of your face in sculpting it would be much easier...I think. Whatever suits your skills more Mike.

YautJa Predator Menpo WIP

Already start to work on this.
Figuring how to sculpt and mold process for the side mandibles whether to do it separate or Just the fangs.
I'm in a bit of a kerfuffle.

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_1_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_1_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Worked little bit more on this. I may change the brows a little bit, not really happy with it.

Anyway that's why this is a WIP

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_2_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_2_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Looking forward to more updates on this beautiful project!
I like how you went with the elder/P2 mandibles it adds more mistique to the mempo.
The samurai who took down that pred must have been musashi!
great work so far Mike.

Looking forward to more updates on this beautiful project!
I like how you went with the elder/P2 mandibles it adds more mistique to the mempo.
The samurai who took down that pred must have been musashi!
great work so far Mike.

Thanks Man.

The Mandible fangs I will re-sculpt to resemble the Elder one in the AVP Book with Glyphed inscribed into the surface to give it more "badassness."

Spoiler:
The Samurai is indeed a high level Musashi descended from a bloodline of warriors. The Elder Pred have faught the father (in his Prime) of this Musashi and in the end
he exacts revenge by killing him in the end in a fierce battle to death (10 years after his father's death). Extracting the fangs as trophy he proudly wears on his face in battle
he then is known in the History of the Samurais as the "Dragon Slayer."

More Spoiler: Dragon Slayer uses his father's sword forged from metal of a fallen Yautja Drop Ship. A fragment of the metal was extracted from the nose cone from the ship
and then a master sword smith used the hottest heat drawn from molten lava of Mount Fuji to forge the sword into a deadly Warrior's Blade.

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_2_5_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Did some more refinement and added Quills to see how it would work. I may do several versions of with and without quills.
Gonna mold it and do the mandibles and tusks next.

Let me know your thoughts

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_2_5_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I love it!
will the quills come already installed? reason I'm asking is because the visor of the kabuto would get on the way of the quills at the very top.
either way this is a very fast no,no,no. Super Fast sculpt! and I can wait to see the end result!

I love it!
will the quills come already installed? reason I'm asking is because the visor of the kabuto would get on the way of the quills at the very top.
either way this is a very fast no,no,no. Super Fast sculpt! and I can wait to see the end result!

The mask will look fine without the quills as I have sculpted the holes very subtly so that it'll just look like pores without Quills.

I don't have much of the quills, just enough to make 2-3 sets the most. I got these extra from a P1 mask I bought way back.

If u want it let me know

Finally done with this Project. The molds took a few days to fully finish curing and demolded the damn thing.
I'm painting the castings which took a long time to trim as well. These little projects look simple but actually take more work.

Sculpted Mandibles out of sculpey here and fully hardened for molding
Finished Mandible and tusks:

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_3_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

First casting and stained

YautJa_Menpo_Casts_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

YautJa_Predator_Menpo_WIP_3_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

YautJa_Menpo_Casts_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back