YAFF - Yet Another 5 Footer Falcon Build

Dazza007

Upper shell glued and ready for a bit more detail
IMG_20220619_172201.jpg

and a bit more detail
IMG_20220613_105117.jpg

will focus on printing off some of the detailed parts I have already designed prior to printing the bottom half of the shell - still working on my landing gear, ramp design etc, so that might take a while.

Have started on the cockpit parts, that might also eventuate before the bottom half

Searun

Upper shell glued and ready for a bit more detail
View attachment 1589395

and a bit more detail
View attachment 1589396

will focus on printing off some of the detailed parts I have already designed prior to printing the bottom half of the shell - still working on my landing gear, ramp design etc, so that might take a while.

Have started on the cockpit parts, that might also eventuate before the bottom half
Very “crisp“ detail. Not sure how you and other experts produce this modeling with photography, CAD & printing, but those learned disciplines certainly seem to have been mastered. Great work and construction pictures. Shows what high quality can be achieved with this building method that links this technology to modeling of cherished subjects.

Dazza007

Thanks for the positive comments all - its definitely a labor of love...
If it wasn't for theRPF and all of the other builds, reference photos, kitset scans/photos etc, I wouldn't even be attempting this - the amount of reference material I have found is mind blowing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.