y-wing, Smithsonian, 1997...

Colin Droidmilk

Sr Member
Can anyone tell me which y was in the first exhibit in the Smithsonian in 1997? Thanks. Back then I didn't know the models well. Now that I do, I'd love to know which one I've seen. My impression was that it was surprisingly messy-looking.

This one?

u06l3m3.jpg

http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/StarWars/start.htm

Great, thanks! So I've seen one of my favourite ones, and thought it was almost offensively crudely painted in the flesh, lol! The Falcon (5 ft in that show) didn't strike me that way. Curiously, though, I could've sworn the model I saw was posed horizontally, not pointing up... but I guess I was wrong.

I was with a party of non-geek friends when I went. They split after an hour to check out the rest of the museum and see more Washington. We met up again about three hours later outside the Smithsonian. When I told 'em what I'd done with my afternoon, they were aghast: 'You mean you've been in there the whole afternoon??!!" I'd never been to Washington before either, and we were on a day trip out of NY. Sacrificed the National Gallery of Art (I'm a fine artist, a painter) for the SW, lol.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back