Y-wing greebie accident!

GrahamT

I'm repainting my Master Replicas Y-wing... While handling it a greebie broke off and I can't find where it came from!

It was a clean break, part of the body cast - not a glued on part.

Does anyone recognise this or know where it would go on an MR Y-wing?

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9620.jpg

I tried looking at the one currently on EBay I thought the might have been the back side of the lines that held the front engine covers on there is like a couple of pairs of those

I was wondering too.
I scanned through Karl Tate's Y-wing album on flickr. Its not a Master Replicas but should have the same greeblie somewhere.
I imagine the dark side is attached to the hull somewhere and the lighter side is the side to look for.
Didn't find it but it could have been staring me right in the face.

there is a youtube vid with close ups of the Master Replicas that might help too if you still need it

Did you figure it out ?

Aaah yes finally! (it only took me 3 days and a new pair of x3.5 glasses)

It was hidden under a pipe on the underside, on the starboard side. I guess the pipe flexed when I held it and squeezed it off!

Many thanks for your help goldcyclon and David3

You can orient yourself in the picture by looking at the mounting point - the rear of the ship is to the right.

IMG_9622.PNG

Last edited:
Wow!!!! The guy selling that one on eBay is asking £1,5k - and it's been dropped, vanes bent and had bits smashed off it. Quite a repair job needed.

Here's where that part was hiding.
NOTE: This is a pic of the one off eBay, not mine.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back