Y-WING 'Gold Leader' Studio Scale Build by dtssyst

It has been redone...
The back end (battery cover) is a lot closer to the Gold Leader version now.
20230215_235300.jpg

Last edited:
A few have expressed interest in a few of the files I created for my build seen here in this build thread.
Hence, I have uploaded them into the RPF Digital Scans of confirmed Donors drop box unknown folder.
Happy printing :)

Last edited:
Guns made and installed. I tried to make them exactly the same as seen on my red jammer build.
Took a lot longer to do than I originally anticipated.View attachment 1663467
This is looking good! How do you cut your small brass tubes? & can you recommend the best glue to use on the sections?
I'm making some of my first brass guns at 1/148th scale. My hack saw is not gonna work! My dremel is not the best solution. I need a new tool to make very clean square cuts of small brass tubes with no scratches & no clamp marks.

This is looking good! How do you cut your small brass tubes? & can you recommend the best glue to use on the sections?
I'm making some of my first brass guns at 1/148th scale. My hack saw is not gonna work! My dremel is not the best solution. I need a new tool to make very clean square cuts of small brass tubes with no scratches & no clamp marks.
Xacto knife. Kinda roll the tubes back and forth under the blade.

Jkirkon I blade cut 1/8" brass and it worked better than I expected. I cut plastic tube that way but assumed it wouldn't work on brass, but it does. Thx. swgeek Perfect, like a mini plumbers pipe cutter, and they cut 1/8" / 3mm diameter. I'm getting one!
The detailing on your Y-Wing is so good dtssyst. I don't think I noticed shovels on Y-wings before. Cool.

Sorry everyone for vanishing.
Where did I go? I was preparing a Dungeons and Dragons campaign (Curse of Strahd). We just started playing it a few weeks ago.

I'm still here with the intent on resuming and finishing this ywing build.

In addition... working on and finishing a few other builds that were started.
This includes a bit more 3d printing first.
Note: some of these builds are not studio scale.

Then, to be completely out of my mind, start a new studio scale build. Not sure where to start on it.
I guess at at the beginning

So please stay tuned in for my continuing adventures of model building madness.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back