Y-WING 'Gold Leader' Studio Scale Build by dtssyst

dtssyst

Sr Member
I started this build. Then I shelved it. Then I was going to sell it. Now, I'm actually going to build it and finish it.

There are parts I just don't have. They will be discussed as the build progresses. Scratch build if I have to. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with a 3d part or a cast of one.

It will not be perfect. It will be awesome!
Parts will be... actual parts, resin cast, 3D printed and scratch built.

I ask you to please follow along (again) on another ywing build.

I need to mention Corellianexports. His build has inspired me to do this project. :love:

Iz9Utlh.jpg

RSonP9Z.jpg

Last edited:
DTSSYST,

Send me a list of the parts you're missing -- since I supplied your original castings, I feel somewhat obligated to help you finish this one, so anything you're missing I can most likely replace. VERY eager to see this one come along, and especially to see your Gold Leader paint job and greeblie differentiation.

Cheers,

SK

Studio Kitbash,

You are AMAZING! I thank you for the offer.

From digging into all the resin parts I have in addition to the 3D files available, the following image shows the 9 parts/assemblies I need that I currently know of.
They can be resin castings or for our 3D printer. Either option works perfectly for this build. :)

PHOTO HAS BEEN UPDATED

YdlcMLk.jpg

Last edited:
Dtssyst,

Got you covered.

Coupla questions:

What is the ID of #1 on your list? I'm sure I have it, just can't automatically/immediatley place it.

#4 and #9 are the same greeblie, yes? Do you need TWO of them, or only one? (Does Gold Leader take two? If so, I want to know it.)

#11 you need TWO of, correct? For Port/Starboard sides?

Do you have a better picture/angle of #6, or a Parts map ID -- it is also not clicking the old "oh, that one" bell.

Thanks,

Read

Dtssyst,

Got you covered.

Coupla questions:

What is the ID of #1 on your list? I'm sure I have it, just can't automatically/immediatley place it.

#4 and #9 are the same greeblie, yes? Do you need TWO of them, or only one? (Does Gold Leader take two? If so, I want to know it.)

#11 you need TWO of, correct? For Port/Starboard sides?

Do you have a better picture/angle of #6, or a Parts map ID -- it is also not clicking the old "oh, that one" bell.

Thanks,

Read
I'll have to look and see if I have part #1 ID.
As far as I know, only 1 each.
#11 goes on top. Don't think it's anyplace else.
I'll get better pics up later tonight if I have any.

Okay, that means #11 is the little pipe from the 1/43 Peterbilt 359, which is part #6 on that kit, the "Air Conditioner Hose" -- I was confusing it with the similar-looking (but larger) pipes from the Tamiya 1/35 Matilda (which you do need two of).

I have updated post 4 in this thread to hopefully make things easier. I omitted #'s 8 and 9 as they were showing the same part and it was confusing.
From what I can tell, these are all the parts I need. I am unsure of identification on the parts at this time. Funny how they are all mostly for the top. Looking over the rest of the ship, it looks like I have everything else.

Some parts look very familiar. Not sure if it is because they appear to be from a sub assembly or because I have been staring at photos of the y-wing forever. :lol:

YdlcMLk.jpg

Last edited:
DTSSYST,

I am fairly confident I have or can cast all these parts, but I will need ID's on some of them to help you.

1 - Looks familiar, but don't have the ID
2, 3 -- "looks like" recast sections of firewall plate behind cockpit
4 - Got it
5 - Got it
6 - No clue
7 - Surely I have this, but need an ID
10 - I have it, but need an ID
11 - Got it
12 - Have it, but need an ID (pretty sure this and #7 are from a 1/12 F1 Tamiya race car)
13 - Got it
14 - No clue
15 - Got it (but an ID would help -- 1/48 Bandai?)
16 - Got it
17 - Tamiya 1/12 Race car, again (I think), but which one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back