Y-Wing Build (DaveG Open Source)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's looking great! The little bit of yellow and black warning stripes really pop. And I love the detail on the underside of the canopy.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CheesyGrin

Rebel pilot complete and priming has commenced. I sprayed black primer on the fuselage with hope to build a base shadow in the deepest, darkest reaches of Y-Wing depths.

IMG_0893.jpg 65376393287__A1A64B52-DCB6-4BCE-A974-5E27E8BE6732.jpg IMG_0896.jpg 65379167723__4989BB3B-EAD4-4205-839F-A1266293CCF9.jpg

CheesyGrin

Here's the final entry at Modelpalooza 2021 in Orlando this past weekend. Won Gold. :)

I was rushed to get this paint done in 4 nights. Met some great studio scale folks at Modelpalooza and we chatted about weathering, ILM styling, etc. I'll refine this paint job in the coming days.

IMG_0984.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.