Y-Wing 1/48 resin model [WIP]

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

skahtul

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Haha, I was kinda worrying about getting the angles right with all the pipes and then last night I had a look through all the reference I could find for the studio models...turns out they weren’t bothered about making it look neat when they made the originals! So the more wonky mine is the better I think!
For the vanes I think I combined the two pieces that form a cross shape when viewed from the rear in tinkercad and printed them as one piece for each side, and they came out pretty good with no real warping. I oriented the parts as shown on the screenshot, straight up and down with the most fragile looking bit furthest from the build plate. View attachment 1413120

I always fight with that also! ILM put these together as fast as they could, they had weeks in some cases a d not years to male them. I normally make my models look 'right' to me and I am often less concerned about the exactness as even on film the same ship can change from scene to scene :)

For me, once I fer past 100% accuracy, I find its a lot more fun! Although I recognize there is a lot of joy in truly replicating something also.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.