XPost for Global Effects yard sale / auction

All lots are now open for bidding. No reserves, all lots start at $1. Bidding on lots close on April 15th
We need to make room for our bigger and better Rental Department, so we don't want to put any of this stuff back.
You can start bidding anytime and all lots stay open till April 15th, then they start to close. If bidding is still active on a lot, it stays open until the bidding stops, so don't try to snipe, because the clock will keep ticking.
If you are nearby, previews will be April 11th and April 14th, (7115 Laurel Canyon Blvd. North Hollywood CA)
We will be giving a limited number of shop tours as well, both days.
Some highlights: (Of mainly our screen used stuff) all lots can be bid on here: http://www.rlspear.com/auction_detail.php?id=255438

Helmet prototype for "300" - used in "Meet the Spartans"
28.jpg
Spacesuit costume from "The Core"
30.jpg
Table from "The Santa Claus"
39.jpg
Kurt Russell's Uniform Jacket from "Soldier"
72.jpg
Gary Oldman Dracula Figure kit with costume finger tips from original costume as color reference
99.jpg
Helmet from "Snoop Dog" music video
114.jpg
Helmet used in "Ghosts of Mars"
115.jpg
Helmet from "Pluto Nash" (Picture was taken before we found the visor) Visor included
118.jpg
Mr. and Mrs. Smith rubber armor piece - thigh - Brad Pitt
133.jpg
Mr. and Mrs. Smith rubber armor piece - shoulder - Angelina Jolie
135.jpg
Armageddon spacesuit batteries - 2 - Lot
138.jpg
Armageddon spacesuit chest controls
141.jpg
Armageddon spacesuit neck rings front and back (set)
146.jpg
Armageddon spacesuit vest chest piece - Harry (Bruce Willis)
145.jpg
Fantastic Four Ben Grimm screen used spacesuit sleeves - shoulder and lower (2 piece set)
148.jpg
Plastic helmets unfinished/damaged made for "Meet the Spartans" - Prototype for "300"
233.jpg
Apollo spacesuit undergarment screen used "Apollo 18" by Lloyd Owen
525.jpg
2001 Movie space suit replica blue (Made for IBM - This was patterned of an original 2001 suit)
532.jpg

Last edited:
Is this only available for the US guys? I was interested in a few lots so tried to sign up to bid, but there's no field to select a country

From their terms:
This is an ONLINE ONLY AUCTION PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PICK UP YOUR ITEMS during the scheduled removal times. NO refunds or chargeback's will be granted due to a lack of removal at the designated times. After the scheduled removal, items will be considered abandoned and you will be charged a removal fee for disposal of your items. WE DO NOT SHIP! We can provide out-of-town buyer's with independent shipping services and/or freight forwarders. It is the buyer's responsibility to effect removal.

There is no shipping, so where you are in the world doesn't matter... You have to make arrangements for someone (if you can't) to pick up your stuff...

Looking at the form for signing up, I see it still asks for addresses and such... Not sure what to do if you are international in that case, but it does look like you can't even register... Let me know if there's something you can't live without, if they won't let you register I can help you get it...

Also, keep in mind that since everything is being picked up in person (even if by a shipping service), everything is considered a local, California sale. Thus sales tax will be added to your purchase unless you can prove a tax exempt status. That will add 8.5-9.5 % to your bid price, usually added to the total after adding the %13 premium. I'd just assume a %22 buyers premium or so...

Last edited:
No word on a local store for shipping. But send me a note if there is something you want, and we will determine if we can ship it to you. As for Pick up: if you need to pick items up the Saturday after the auction, we may be able to make arrangements. Again, PM me for with your specific need.
Here is the direct link to the auction lots, just in case you haven't found them.
http://server2.maxanet.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi…
Remember, we have a Preview of all lots, at our shop This Saturday from 9am to 4pm and again on Tuesday the 14th, from 8am to 5pm. All lots start to close Monday April 15th.
The shop is near the corner of Laurel Canyon and Sherman Way. The shop is at 7115 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
There is a big parking lot in back (look for the sign for "Auction")

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview day tomorrow April 14th, lots start to close Wednesday afternoon. As for shipping, if the item sells for more than $40 and is not bigger than 18" x 18", we can box it and ship it for you for whatever the actual shipping cost ( prepaid) plus a $10.00 packaging/ handling fee.
I'm a bit surprised there are no bids on most of the Armageddon spacesuit parts.

Thanks to all who bid. Once we get the main lot pick ups handled, Thursday and Friday, we will get items shipped.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back