XMO:W Sabertooth research questions

Kovnyn

Sr Member
I've decided to branch out from Star Wars costuming into Marvel costuming.
Initially, I was planning to do a Wolverine kit, but I simply don't have the hair for it. However, with my beard and short hair, I figured Victor Creed, aka Sabertooth, would be a good way to go.

Claws and teeth are in the works, hair cut and beard are complete, but I'm looking for the outfit, specifically the trench coat worn by Liev Shreiber for much of the movie.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

I have also considered the Viet Nam execution scene outfit, but I have tattoos on my arms, and he does not. I'd rather not have to airbrush and cover up my arms for the costume.

you can use nylon (pantyhose like material) sleeves to cover them up without issue, quickly and easily.

That's a thought, and one I may use for an alternative look for the costume. Pretty sure I can come up with OD BDU pants, sleeveless shirt and Vietnam era load bearing harness fairly quickly.

But the black on black look
Black jeans (check)
Black buttons down shirt (check)
Black combat boots (check)
Black knee length coat... Still looking. Based on some of the reference pics, it looks like it might be a wool blend, like a peacoat. Other shots look like leather, and yet others look like canvas.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aua5Wht4We8vgU47LuvRfnc4Rdpi

Here's the best reference photo I have for the coat.

For the teeth, I'm using vampire fangs with the thermo plastic filler to form to my real teeth. Claws I'm buying from an Etsy vendor, attaching them the same way, probably with some adhesive just to make sure they don't come off.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back