Xenomorphus Rex

MANGA PREDATOR

anyone has more info about this kit? photos? i try google it, but nothing, very hard to find grail.

made by Paul komoda, produce by Netherworld.

heres the giant base. 20x20"

6gixpy.jpg

15yzw2f.jpg

2i8bs4x.jpg

The detail is amazing. There is not even an inch without something interesting to look at. On the other hand it is a little bit too busy for my liking and the huge alien queen (?) looks rather rough and unfinished. It is a very unique and interesting piece though. I wish we had more details about it...

The detail is amazing. There is not even an inch without something interesting to look at. On the other hand it is a little bit too busy for my liking and the huge alien queen (?) looks rather rough and unfinished. It is a very unique and interesting piece though. I wish we had more details about it...

yes, not much info on this X-Rex

heres info i got from other site

"produce by Netherworld in 1993. X-REX is the biggest, meanest and most elaborately detailed monster, taking the inspiration from the master of surrealism, H.R. Giger, paul have created a model that spans an entire dark and sinister world. From the awesome X-REX himself to the gore imbued base, conceivable horror, biomechanical babies, half bitten Predator, eviscerated humans, bizarre architecture, and a plethora of nameless atrocities."

This kit was re-released by a company called "Lil Monsters" not to long ago. Personally, after seeing pictures of the built model i thought it was over rated.

John

This kit was re-released by a company called "Lil Monsters" not to long ago. Personally, after seeing pictures of the built model i thought it was over rated.

John

do u have link to the site or photos? lil monsters still making this? i was told this kits discontinue back in the 90s.

any info please? thanks

It's not a piece I think I would try and track down for myself, but I appreciate the artistry that went into it, especially the detailing on the figure and the base.

I'm just not sure why it's called "Zenomorphus Rex," since it doesn't really resemble a T-Rex at all...

Maybe just an artistic flourish or something, who knows?

This is an incredible model by Paul Komoda. You have to remember the original was cast around 1993. I owned two of the original Netherworld kits. The casting was horrendous. I never finished them and wound up selling them for around 400-500 each....

Lil Monster's reproduced it with Paul Komoda's blessing. They did a great job. Alot of clean-up work was done on the casting. The original used white metal for things such as the teeth detail and tail. The Lil' Monster Version used a clear plastic to capture the detail. Lil Monster's also sold it for alot less than the original. It was hollow-cast to save weight and keep the cost down.

Its hard to seen in that picture, but the base contains various creatures that have been partially consumed and in various states of decomposition. There is even a Predator in the base...

If you are a model builder, its definitely worth finding!

where sthe photos of Lil monsters casting? i dont see it online or on sale?

the one in the photos is the original kit, and it is heavy, solid yellowish resin.

This is an incredible model by Paul Komoda. You have to remember the original was cast around 1993. I owned two of the original Netherworld kits. The casting was horrendous. I never finished them and wound up selling them for around 400-500 each....

Lil Monster's reproduced it with Paul Komoda's blessing. They did a great job. Alot of clean-up work was done on the casting. The original used white metal for things such as the teeth detail and tail. The Lil' Monster Version used a clear plastic to capture the detail. Lil Monster's also sold it for alot less than the original. It was hollow-cast to save weight and keep the cost down.

Its hard to seen in that picture, but the base contains various creatures that have been partially consumed and in various states of decomposition. There is even a Predator in the base...

If you are a model builder, its definitely worth finding!

I just contacted Lil' Monsters and they still have them. 295. plus shipping. Freakin' great price for such a massive well fitting kit!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back