Well, I've decided to make myself a Xenomorph Warrior costume for October's Con in Cardiff...

Who wants to see progress? Hands up and I'll Post piccies so far! It's going to be pic heavy and I haven't even completed the head yet!

RAAARGH!!!

Well I'll start off anyway!! I won't flood with pics, I'll put a few up each evening, but here's the first few. It's going to have an opening jaw and snarling lips - I just need to refine the mechanism as I'm using my own mouth to move these. The pictures are pretty self explanatory, pink styrofoam, EVA foam, foamboard and Super Sculpy so far. The lips are old latex stockings!! I didn't take any shots of the mechanism, but I do have a You Tube video of the testing so you can see what it'll (hopefully) look like! 0009.jpg0008.jpg0007.jpg0006.jpg0005.jpg0004.jpg0003.jpg0002.jpg0001.jpg

May I make a recommendation? Super Sculpey is notorious for being extremely brittle...if I were you, I'd sub that out for Premo, which ironically is also made by Sculpey but it is far superior; flexes without breaking if you look at it wrong. Same price range.

Cheers Wulff, but I had some Sculpey left over from my Grell bust, so I used it for the teeth. I've been making my Xeno for about a month and a half now, so I'm way ahead!! However, I didn;t realise Premo was more flexible, I'll remember that for next time! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully It'll be up to scratch!!
This will be interesting to see in person, hopefully I'll make it there this year

- - - Updated - - -

0019.jpg0011.jpg0012.jpg0013.jpg0014.jpg0015.jpg0016.jpg0017.jpg0018.jpg0010.jpgSO here are the next few pictures, I might just add them all here today, bugger it! Now, I before anyone says anything, I've taken a ton of licence with this, and I know there are inaccuracies! Sorry!! :-D

- - - Updated - - -

0029.jpg0021.jpg0022.jpg0023.jpg0024.jpg0025.jpg0026.jpg0027.jpg0028.jpg0020.jpg

Thanks guys!! As I said, hopefully it'll turn out ok in the end! It seems that there are now a load of Alien cosplayers turning up in the Sunday in Cardiff to do a shoot because if it..EEK! No pressure then! But if any of you want to join us, feel free!! My 11 year old daughter has been watching the series with me and she's going to be a mini Aliens Ripley, so once I've done this I now have to make an EVA M41A for her!

Next few days will be refining the mechanism for the mouth opening with my mouth (and also to move the lips) so no actual "build" piccies coming up for the next few days until I work that out. Then It's onto the digitgrade stilts and feet.!!!

And Clothar..be afraid..be very afraid...

That's some serious progress, looking real good now

Thank you! The head is actually a little shorter than it needs to be (my bad) but doesn't look too off! I'm hopefully going to be all shiny and knarly to, I want to make it look "wet", if that makes sense? More organic?It's a cross between all of the Xenos currently seen in the movies. Particularly Resurrection and Aliens. I also need to work out how to make "solid" drool. For safety reasons at a Con I can't exactly have it salivating all over the floor! I'm thinking clear hot glue gun drips...

0061.jpg

So here's a quick video of the mouth movement. The original plan was to have it open with my own mouth, but that was proving to be WAY to uncomfortable, especially for long term use at a Con. So I have developed a way to have it move and snarl when my head moves in certain positions. This means that it's more comfortable, but unfortunately I wont be able to open the mouth while keeping my head still. Which I suppose makes for me developing more "animal-like" movements!!

https://youtu.be/MRz7Qc9cz74

Cheers guys! Well a slight update, I tried making the "slime" using hot glue gun sticks. They looked very cool (apart from looking like extra props from "There's Something About Mary"...) when dry. But once I put them on the mouth, they just looked fake. I guess it's because the mouth has movement and these are just static. For obvious reasons, I can't have goo dripping from the mouth at a Con, so I think I shall forgo the slime. Ah well, you live and learn!

Aw that's too bad! Dang, there has to be something, like rubber cement maybe? That would swing and look snotty...how about rubber cement coated with gloss polyurethane? That'd definitely have the slime look.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back