xdmray paintup on a Usurper P1

xdmray

hello.

i got this P1 in a trade and am finally getting around to painting it. it still in progress but i figure its worth showing now.

still need to do the mouth and teeth.

i had to reattach the mandibles, the latex was a little chewed up that's why the seems show so much.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

just finnished the mouth. i went for more of an elder color scheme. im not a huge fan of pink mouth.

i get caught up in the whole - how is their mouth pink when their blood is green?-

my vein work kinda got lost in between shading blue and red. but im pretty happy with it. as much as i can be with organics. i still have a hard time trying to do skin.
the second pic show s how it looks in real life better.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Finally finished this up a little while ago. im happy enough with the paint, i really struggle with organic stuff. i'm really happy with the teeth though. :)

IMG_2753_zpsd33571ae.jpg

IMG_2748_zpsa32255e8.jpg

thanks guys. you are all being generous. it looks like a mask to me. not realistic at all. i try to do the layering of colors to get the depth, but it just doesn't turn out like i want to.

What if you did a bit more with the maw? Looks as though there are no veins in it...?

You are more than likely your own worst critic (as I am), so it isn't going to be up to your "standards" and you will never be completely satisfied with it  ... but I think it looks pretty damn awesome and commend your work.  :cool:

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back