xdmray Half mask Gen2

xdmray

well since this was my best seller i thought i better sculpt up another one. hope to sculpt it the same dimensions so it will fit all the same bios.
i plan a few changes though
-flatter dome
-more of your face exposed
-better skin detail

and i am thinking of doing a different crown design.
possibly along the P2 lines....?

anyone have any suggestions or requests for crown?

DSCN7149.jpg

DSCN7150.jpg

here you can see how much flatter the dome will be
DSCN7148.jpg

made a start already! thats nice work i will keep checking on progress hopefully this will look very different to the first

I like the P2 crown idea you're going with. If you want something different, you could always do a bsp half mask. If you have the movie with extra's, they show the bsp half mask.

Good Luck!

Just a quick question...how much clay did you use so far. I know at about this point for a full mask, Usurper used about 20 lbs of clay I think?

Just a thought by having that much forehead exposed, wont the weight of the dreads constantly pull the head back, not having much forehead to grip to?

Just a quick question...how much clay did you use so far. I know at about this point for a full mask, Usurper used about 20 lbs of clay I think?

you know im not sure how much. i have used almost my whole supply, but im not sure how much i have. there is a cylindrical cd holder in there taking up some space.

Just a thought by having that much forehead exposed, wont the weight of the dreads constantly pull the head back, not having much forehead to grip to?

good question, im not sure. i thought it would be nicer to have some more air.
but....... mine weighs straight down, i have never had it pull backwards.

anybody else? does anyones mask pull back from the dreads?

Never had a problem with the dreads/bio being a weight balance issue.
Delighted that you're slinging some clay again. Another xdmray piece to add to the collection :)
1 question Daman, are u raising the crown on the halfmask near the forehead as it looks like its directly sitting on top and that a bio would lean on your face?

Never had a problem with the dreads/bio being a weight balance issue.
Delighted that you're slinging some clay again. Another xdmray piece to add to the collection :)
1 question Daman, are u raising the crown on the halfmask near the forehead as it looks like its directly sitting on top and that a bio would lean on your face?

hmm not sure i follow. i am trying to make it so the bio will be closer to the face. make seeing a bit better. but it shouldnt touch.
i will be trying out the bios i have to make sure they fit well. just like i did with v1.0.
this is still in a blocking phase.

Is that NSP?
How do like working with it?

chavant NSP- correct.
i like it a lot. i get the med, so it is nice and stiff. good for me with my butterfingers.
but it is the only clay i have worked with.

Sorry to butt in.

approx 16 - 19 x 2lb blocks = 32 - 38lbs for most of my masks. Munson :( ( 1st P1's were probably 16 ish )

Great to see more clay slinging :) being as its a open faced mask, you can really goto town on the dred hole detail and neck detail o_O

more variety is always good to see o_O

Its looking good. I would bring the forehead opening down so it wont have a tendency to slide back. If the customer wants a wider opening they can always trim it to fit the way they want. The flatter dome looks great. The P2 crown is a cool idea but, I would like to see a new custom crown. I want to see whats lurking in that head of yours.

good question, im not sure. i thought it would be nicer to have some more air.
but....... mine weighs straight down, i have never had it pull backwards.

anybody else? does anyones mask pull back from the dreads?

My monsterrom mask does that.
I've thought of making a resin helmet mask that secure properly to the half mask directly....

haven't had a chance to work on it. but i will do some work tomorrow night. so far mike's Bonehunter fits it pretty decently, so that's promising.
i plan to shave some off the sides of the chin, and add some more around the face.
i may need an other 2 lbs of clay......

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back