X2/X3 Cyclops Sunglasses

TimDrakeRobin

Sr Member
THE ADVENTURE
Well I habe never been satisfied with lenses available for the Oakley Penny's that Scott sports in the films.
So i went into research lol. The Ruby lenses that are so Rare and hard to find that were made by Oakley
are still not quite right, they even have a bit of an orange/yellow tinge to them so I was in Hot Topic one
day and I spotted the Charlie & The Chocolate Factory: Wonka TV Room Goggles.
The lenses were perfect. so I bought them

THE PROBLEM
The lenses were huge and really think compared to the penny lenses. So tonight i got up the guts to pop
out the punny lenses, make stensils and bust out the dremmel. I cut the Wonka lenses to the same shape
as the penny lenses, they still didnt fit. I got mad and threw the lenses down.

THE SOLUTION
After two episodes of friends and one of Doctor Who,(my new fav show) It came to me.
The Penny lenses are tapered on either side of the lense. So a few more minutes with
the dremmel and BAM, I was done.

and now...THE PICS>
GlassesRed.jpg

Glassesred2.jpg

On www.o-review.com, some members stated that this cyclops version was also a special customized one. The red tint was even deeper than the normal rubys, that James Marsden got headaches from it and couldn't distiguish red from other colors after a two hour wear. I think, you should go with the ruby, even if it still got some orange tint.

They did it too for the X2 film, customizing for the actor.

yea, but i want the deep red look and no other colors. These dont hurt my eyes at all. I can see just fine after wearing them too. I just like the deep red with no other colors much more.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back