X2 Pyros Lighter now with video

<div class='quotetop'>(PeaceMaker @ Jun 6 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]1257320[/snapback]</div>
lol when?
[/b]

I shipped out his decal the other day, so when he gets it I'm sure he will make the video.
-Todd

p.s. all the lighters have been shipped and you guys should be receiving them shortly.

<div class='quotetop'>(Smallvillekalel @ Jun 9 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]1258806[/snapback]</div>
Here is my lighter with the decal that I got from dj_krylon I think it came out Pretty Cool :)
(Sorry for the blurry pics)

[/b]
Looks great.

Is it heat resistant? Can you still use the lighter?

I ask because I've been trying to paint mine and it just isn't coming out at all.

Thanks. I too gave up trying to paint mine after about 4 tries. I don't know if it is heat resistant I held a hair dryer up to it to speed up the drying process and it got too hot too hold on to. Though I'm not a smoker I don't see a reason as to why you would not be able to use it. I have been playing around with it and have not had any problems.

<div class='quotetop'>(Pretzellogic @ Jun 9 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]1258861[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Smallvillekalel @ Jun 9 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]1258806[/snapback]
Here is my lighter with the decal that I got from dj_krylon I think it came out Pretty Cool :)
(Sorry for the blurry pics)

[/b]
Looks great.

Is it heat resistant? Can you still use the lighter?

I ask because I've been trying to paint mine and it just isn't coming out at all.
[/b][/quote]

Looks good.

How does it hold up to everyday handling? Will the decal chip, scratch or flake off with normal handling (i.e. in your pocket with change/keys) or is it durable.

I had a second lighter hanging around and decided to give it a paint job using testors enamels. I'm not the worlds steadiest hands but it came out alright, but even enamels aren't 100% resistant to chipping. I'm thinking of masking off the unpainted areas and spraying an automotive clear coat (or an acrylic clear like future floor wax) to save the paint from chipping.

I might be interested in the decal for my display lighter, though...

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>(Gigatron @ Jun 9 2006, 06:31 AM) [snapback]1258978[/snapback]</div>
Looks good.

How does it hold up to everyday handling? Will the decal chip, scratch or flake off with normal handling (i.e. in your pocket with change/keys) or is it durable.

I had a second lighter hanging around and decided to give it a paint job using testors enamels. I'm not the worlds steadiest hands but it came out alright, but even enamels aren't 100% resistant to chipping. I'm thinking of masking off the unpainted areas and spraying an automotive clear coat (or an acrylic clear like future floor wax) to save the paint from chipping.

I might be interested in the decal for my display lighter, though...

-Fred
[/b]

pics?

please and thank you.

thats cool a buddy of mine who lives in grosse pointe made a hand painted one i have yet to see it and i think hes a member on this page

yes :) i just assembled it a few minutes ago i should have the video online in an hour

SeniorProm016.jpg

SeniorProm017.jpg

SeniorProm018.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Gigatron @ Jun 9 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1259014[/snapback]</div>
Here's the one I display with my wolvie dog tags and claws

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=106871 (post #3)

It's not the one I just did (I have that one all wrapped up in masking tape waiting to be clear coated), but it's pretty similar.

I'll post pics of the one I just did when it's finished.

-Fred
[/b]

Kinda OT, but I dont see a pic of the claws, I always like to check those out, :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back