X-Wing on ebay: Does this count as a scale model?

Holy Zoo

I know we're not supposed to post ebay links, but I doubt anyone's gonna lay out $85k for this. :)

Mods, if I'm out of line, please do delete.

1-1 Scale X-Wing

I wonder how they ship this thing... does it come apart?

It's 3/4 scale not 1-1.

Since the one at C3 get's shipped around, it more than likely comes apart for easy moving.

There are members here that are the care takers on the C3 ship that could tell you all about it.

D6

Originally posted by Holy Zoo@Apr 26 2005, 05:16 AM
I know we're not supposed to post ebay links, but I doubt anyone's gonna lay out $85k for this. :)

1-1 Scale X-Wing

[snapback]973587[/snapback]​
Looks like the S-foils are locked in attack position...

the one at C3 was very cool in person. I know that the one on ebay comes apart (like the wings and lasers come off) for shipping purposes.

Wayne

I know folks are proud of their "not quite but almost full scale" X-wings, but being an X afficianado, it pains me every time I see one of 'em landed with the wings extended. :unsure

- k

Yeah that's how they came built though, I'm a member of the group that helped restore and maintain the C3 bird.
We've been trying to get her as close to Lukes Red-5 as possible. I personally think they're a bit smaller than 3/4 but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious...Why would the ship be made 3/4:1 as opposed to 1:1? I mean at 3/4:1 its so close why not just go all the way?

Originally posted by NEKROFANATIC@Apr 27 2005, 10:23 PM
Just curious...Why would the ship be made 3/4:1 as opposed to 1:1? I mean at 3/4:1 its so close why not just go all the way?
[snapback]975243[/snapback]​

You know........... pay that much for it might as well be the real thing. Still if I had the money id make one 1:1 just to have. Then again Ive always wanted a 1:1 falcon and 1:1 Slave 1.....

I think the criteria was that with the wings folded up (they are hinged) it had to fit on a flatbed truck and not create a "wide load".

Originally posted by Holy Zoo@Apr 26 2005, 05:16 AM

1-1 Scale X-Wing

[snapback]973587[/snapback]​

Well, wasn´t there a group of peo´ple here some months ago that thought about buying that X-Wing a s a RPF piece that would be displayed in a museum?
Hmm, can´t find the post yet, but didn´t someone ask Lucas Film if they could pay for it and us paying it back?

What happened to that great idea?

Have a nice day
Domenik

YAY. Now more than one person agrees with me. LOL.

I thought it was smaller than 3/4 when I first had to walk under the nose. I'm 6'2 and had to bend my knees and my back until it was parallel to the ground to avoid hittng my back on it. Yet in ANH Luke barely has to bend his neck. and that's at the lowest point right near the cockpit.

I mean I know Mark Hamil is supposed to be short but DANG.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back