X Wing Cockpit Graflite

TatooineMachine

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There's a great screen grab I kept of a black Graflite flash on the "dash board" of the X Wing cockpit. I've always thought this would be a cool prop to display with an X Wing Pilot helmet. I've been watching these for years on eBay and finally found a few for a reasonable deal. With the help and blessing of Kurtyboy, I had the decals made up based on his scaling & measurements and grabbed a can of satin black paint! Here's how mine came out! Thanks Marcus!

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

Decal sheets

IMG_6227.jpeg

Displays well!

IMG_6228.jpeg

Love that.
I love your displays in general.
I contacted Paul B who made me a scope pouch after looking at your Luke Farm Boy display.
Keep them coming !

There appears to be 2 configurations of the X-Wing Graflite seen on screen...

Version 1: In all scenes in ANH, and all scenes in ESB except for one. Graflite is black with black clamps. Clamp closest to the end cap is positioned over the “Graflex” stamp covering it up. End cap is the version with the slit (vs. a hole in the center).

Version 2: Only in the scene when Luke arrives at Dagobah (and the production photo of this scene). Graflite is black with unpainted silver clamps. Clamp closest to the end cap is positioned further back so that it’s seated within the frame of the white rectangle. There’s a piece of silver Mylar tape covering the “Graflex” stamp similar to the “Graflex” stamp on Luke’s lightsaber clamp. There appears to be a shadow of a slit in the end cap but it’s hard to tell.

Version 1:
Adjustments.jpg

Xwing Graflite v1.jpg

Version 2:
Adjustments.jpg

Xwing Graflite v2.jpg

I finally got off my butt & built & finished this on my weekend.
20200818_173020.jpg

It was a fun, quick, little build. I had a few GRAFLEX Graflites laying around, which was nice because I was able to take bits of all of them & make one good one. Then it was just some rattle can black, & TatooineMachine s great stencils... & there we are.
Love it! (y)

Last edited:
There are a bunch of different ones, just look at the right side dash and they are all a bit different. The dash pics i have posted in my build thread are different from whats been posted here

cheady20 also if you’re concerned about screen accuracy, there are 2 versions of the plastic bottom end cap. The one with the slit is accurate to the x-wing prop and the one with the hole in the center is accurate to the Holiday Special Luke lightsaber.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back