X-Men Oakley Sideblinders

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Rusty85, May 1, 2012.

1. Rusty85

Rusty85 Sr Member

Before anyone says it I am aware that a member here offers sets of these. While they're definitely nice I'm looking for something a little different. His are very well done and I realize its practical how they're done I'm trying to get something with a little more thinness on the inside. Just wondering if I could hear some ideas on how to do these. Its tricky because once they're put on you can't change the lenses, and that means all work has to be done on them including the paint with the lenses inside the frames. I was thinking that magic sculpt would be the simplist way to do them, but I'd rather make a pair I could make a few of as opposed to just doing them on one pair of glasses.

Any thoughts?

I've managed to get a pic of the original blinders before they were attached to the frames by a gentlemen that worked at Oakley in the past.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. defiant00

defiant00 New Member

I know I'm reviving a very old thread, but what about doing something like this through Shapeways? Not to mention the stand, I'd love to have that stand for them!!