X-Men First Class Movie Discussion

I really thought the movie would suck, but I surprisingly loved it. Not faithful to the comics at all, but still a good superhero movie. Magneto was awesome as a character (I don't like his costumes, but the character was really magneto). Shaw made a cool villain. The cameos were very good!

Soundtrack is awesome too. And I liked all the banshee flying scenes (even better filmed than Iron Man's flights).

I hope there's a sequel coming, they could tell so much more!

I loved it. LOVED IT. I'm so glad this film ended up as good as it did, since I was really disappointed with The Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins. I agree with Too Much Garlic... This is a prequel that really enhances the original trilogy, adding more depth to some of the major players in the first three films.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, especially since it's weighed down by flawed films, but it could have been much, much worse.

Hell, if you want to boil it down to one geeky focal point, it's the g*****n story of
MAGNETO'S HELMET!
Talk about fanservice! :love:love:love

I heard how Fox time-crunched the director, but apparently it worked out just fine. Which means he just raised the bar for everyone else.

I know that they shot part of it not too far from where I live. So I'm almost positive I've been to where they shot the secret CIA base scenes.

Not faithful to the comics at all, but still a good superhero movie.
It shouldn't be faithful to the comics. It was however pretty faithful to the Singer X-Men movies... long time since I've seen the third and the Wolverine movie, so have no clue how it fits in with those.

One of my favorite scenes was the one where Magneto had to turn the dish

This was a very well done film. It blew the other X-men out of the water and took a very serious role as opposed to the others. Matthew Vaughn has made yet another excellent film.

going to go see this next week , glad it sounds so good i agree the last stand was bad. Hopefully this can make that a distant memory

Loved it. I may be the exception but I love all the X-men movies. This one was great.

My favorite cameo was...

When Mystique transformed into her older "Rebecca" version

I liked Vinnie Jones casted as Juggernaut, he makes the perfect thug. I just didn't like the way they portrayed him storywise or visually. They made no mention of the stepbrother connection between he and Charles, and to make things worse they made him an outright mutant to blend in the subplot of Leech.

And don't get me started on the Psylocke or Callisto mess. :angry

Last edited:
Do you really wish that they gave the movie juggernaut a powerful magic jewel? Staying true to the comics isn't always a good thing.

Nick

I know that they shot part of it not too far from where I live. So I'm almost positive I've been to where they shot the secret CIA base scenes.

That's cool, funnily enough the scenes filmed at Oxford University were filmed down the road from me too.

Do you really wish that they gave the movie juggernaut a powerful magic jewel? Staying true to the comics isn't always a good thing.

Nick

No, not saying that at all. Just staying truer to source material. But then again they pulled a Spiderman 3, and crammed WAY too many cameos in, and lost what mattered in the story that preceeded the third film.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back