X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build **Casting Has Begun**

Re: X-Men First Class Magneto Helmet Build

Didn't open this thread till today as I just saw the movie.

Fantastic job !

:eek That's a hell of a job for cardboard and body filler. I tip my hat...er...helmet to you sir. Excellent.

thanks for the picture it will indeed help, at this stage however I'm not really sculpting, its cardboard and bodyfiller and some sandpaper, I plan on reworking the face area once I'm happy with the overall shape

thanks again, yeah it started as one of these cheapo Iron Man helmets that I have literally had sat in my roof for 4 years, I popped the faceplate off and just thought the main part of the helmet was useable, but I soon dremmeled most of it away so all that really remains is the top of the dome :lol from there I used cardboard to build outwards into the basic shape you see in my first picture, after that a very thin layer of filler then primer and it all carried on from there. Its worth mentioning that when I started this project there were about 2 half decent images of this helmet and seeing all the new pics that pop up is both great and terribly annoying at the same time :thumbsup

yes i really would like to see a photo on a human head. cheers, great work.

Helmet looks awesome!!!! If you get a chance check out Alsa Paints. I use them and a lot of production companies do as well. They have a lot of specialty paints there that I think will work great on this helmet.

Great job and keep up the awesome work!!!

first off, great work with the helmet! i have one of racermachx's comic verisons and yours looks like it'll be the next one in my collection (hopefully!?!).

great job on fixing the flare at the bottom.

one suggestion... when your creating the crest for the front.... make it attachable/detachable with earth magnets.... it is magneto after all!

Steven

http://t.co/LEI2NEX

Last edited:

Hey all, I was hoping to post up my latest batch of pictures but the picture uploader wont work for me!! I haven't been able to upload any photos for the last 2 days, I am going to my friends house tomorrow where hopefully it will work, please stay tuned

Ok, I can't post photos, I dont know why but I hope the issue will be resolved soon, it says its an internal server error so I'm guessing its an RPF problem? I will contact an admin and see what can be done, stay tuned :thumbsup

update, these photos are a few days old but I wanted to keep the continuity going :thumbsup

The apex as we found out comes out, but not quite like that. More of a super-smooth transition starting from the forehead area.

yes, these photos are a few days old, since then I have done exactly that, only at the moment its all rough filler, once its sanded and primed you will see what I've done, glad I can get photos up now

http://www.miracole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/edgame_helmet.jpg

nuff said

resized and cropped-

attachment.php

Nick

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back